iPod and iTunes question

silentgods

so like 4 years ago i had a 4th gen click wheel or whatever. and had like 6000 songs.

today i brought a touch. now my question is, is it easier to delete and download itunes again, and then put the new iPod in and let it sync with all the new data? like i still want to put on most of my old songs too. and still add new ones, whats the easier way to do this?

and download the entire old library?

it sucks to do but yes... i've had to do it twice in the past month cause of a computer fuck-up...it took about an hour each time for the new ipod to sync and re-download everything i had on my itunes...almost 4000 song...i don't think i need that much music! hahaaaa...

If your iTunes library is bigger than your iPod, or even if it isn't, you can set it to sync only the music you want. I've never done this, because I have a 160 GB, but it should be one of the options when you plug in your iPod.

First screen of iTunes when you have your device selected, look at the bottom and you will see something like "manually manage music".

Click that. That way you can just drag and drop the music you want whenever you want and do not need to sync the entire library just to add an album.