Get the Direct Hit! EP #1-5 Tape Box Set

And help them put out a new album!

http://directhitsucks.wordpress.com/

Hey dudes,

So Direct Hit is planning on putting out a full-length album next year, and we need some help raising a bunch of money to be able to do it. We’re thinking it’s gonna be 10 songs, made up of all the best tunes from DH#1-DH#5 – sort of a “Greatest Hits” kind of thing – since every release we’ve done so far has had a different group of musicians on it, and the songs have gotten a lot better and a lot more different-sounding since we first recorded them.

To put together some of the cash, we’re selling a super-limited run of 100 hand-assembled and numbered “box sets” which will have all of our EPs in one place – DH#1, DH#2, DH#3, DH#4, and DH#5 – plus the Ramones cover we did back when we first started, and three live tracks from when we were on WMSE in 2009. It’s the only time we’re ever going to release all of that material in one place, and once we’re out of these 100 copies, we’re not going to make anymore. DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNN.

Each box set comes with:

1. 3 cassette tapes, with one DH release on each side

2. A digital download code so you can put everything on your iPod or Zune or whatever

3. A mail-in card that will get you a free copy of the album when it comes out next year, and a “thank-you” in the liner notes

4. A 2″, limited-to-100-edition “PUMPED AS FUCK” pin

Here are some pictures:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

We put these together ourselves, and I’m really proud of how they turned out. If we sell all 100 copies, we’ll have enough cash to spend a week straight recording an album that will undoubtedly put us in the running to win a Grammy for “Best New Artist.”

Here’s the drag though… We’re looking to pawn these off for $25 apiece.

I know that’s a lot to ask, but here’s why it’s worth it:

1. There are 24 songs included in this release, plus packaging, a pin, and a free copy of the album when it comes out. If you bought all of the songs from Amazon or iTunes, you’d pay the same price, and wouldn’t get all of the extra stuff.

2. We’re only putting 10 songs on the album, so the people who buy these are going to have the only “original” copies of our entire catalog, and the only copies *period* of a few songs that we don’t play anymore and don’t plan on re-recording.

3. We haven’t picked what songs we’re going to put on the album yet, and anyone who is cool enough to send us $25 will obviously have a bigger say in what those will be than we do.

If you’re interested in getting a copy, either post something on our Facebook page, or send me a note (search “Nick Woods” on that site, or e-mail [email protected]) – First come, first serve. If we’re gonna be hanging soon, I can just bring you one. But if you’re pretty far away from Wisconsin, we’ll get some PayPal action going. If you have any questions, or if I’ve pissed you off, feel free to send me a note about that too.

Thanks to all of you for bothering to pay attention to this band for the last few years, for having fun at our shows, and for telling your friends about how much we don’t suck. I’ve never been in a group where I consistently have this big of a blast hanging out, partying hard, and making new friends. Most people that are into music are total assholes. You all are definitely not.

Fuck you, get pumped.

<3 Nick / DH

Ah, I can't get the pictures to show up, but if you click the link up there, you can see it, and I think it looks real cool! I, for one, am pumped as fuck for this. These guys make fun music! Help them make more fun music! Yeah! Cool!

Yeah, I thought that was a bit much at first too, but I figured I've downloaded all their stuff for free already, and by the sounds of things, these will be the only "hard copies" of these EP's to come, and I like having things, so I figured in the end it will be worth it. Also, it looks real good.