Canadian online record stores

mymusic.ca or mymusic.com (online store for the CD Warehouse indie franchise in Ottawa)

compactmusic.ca (online store for Compact Music franchise in Ottawa)

diamondgroove.com (major site with a lot of audiophile + indie stuff)

planetofsoundonline.com (online store for Planet of Sound, founded in Ottawa, new flagship in TO)

http://stores.ebay.com/Legend-Records/Store-Policies.html (Legend Records Online presence, a massive used store in Ottawa, two locations, incredible selection, pricey though on old and new)

You looking for something in particular? Although I'm patriotic enough and like to support local business, on the other hand I find little other advantage to ordering in Canada. The shipping costs via Canada Post are expensive and if I order in Ontario, they charge me HST as well.

Yeah, I am very frustrated with Canada Post as well. I am looking for Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne LP. I can't seem to find it in very many places so I might just settle for ebay.

I appreciate all the sugestions keep them coming. One store I really liked was Scratch in Vancouver but they stopped doing the online thing.

Keep an eye on the Amazon.ca private sellers too. There are 3 Rhino copies there now, the lowest priced at $28. Shipping is very reasonable at $3.50. You can set up a wish list and just check in from time to time to see if a cheaper copy comes up.

Punk for Peace seems to have a copy at $25. http://www.punkforpeace.com/servlet/Detail?no=15814 I know some people here have had trouble with him but it's been fine for me.

Good luck.