Rok Lok Records: Sandy City 12 inch out now

SANDY CITY "SURFIN' WA" ONE SIDED 12 INCH OUT NOW!

[image]

SANDY CITY "Surfin' WA" one sided 12 inches have arrived and all pre-orders will finally started shipping yesterday. Thank you to everyone for their support and patience. Getting this record out after all this time took a lot of personal sacrifice but now that it is done I am relieved as well as happy. For those interested there are still a few copies remaining of the gold screened pre order edition (limited to 33 copies) so act now. The record comes with a digital download link. Listen to "Surfin' WA" on Bandcamp: http://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/surfin-wa?from=embed [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] »

"Surfin' WA" is $10 PPD in the US and $13 in Canada/$14 everywhere else.

SANDY CITY play super catchy lo fi indie rock/surf punk. For fans of Eric's Trip, Cause Co-Motion, Crayon, Husker Du, Beach Boys, etc.

STARS ARE INSANE "PARTIAL HISTORY" CD-R OUT NOW.

Since 1998 I have been recording material via 4 track under the name Stars Are Insane creating sounds that fit into the shoegaze, lo fi bedroom pop, ambient, and folk genres. The first four albums "Gracias", "Anonymously Yours", "Justin Age 8" and "Gay" were all released on home dubbed cassettes on Rok Lok from 1999 to 2001 and are all long gone. In fact I don't even have copies for myself any longer! I have continued to release stuff over the years and with the exception of "A Plan...A Perfect Disaster" all of them are out of print and that kind of bums me out because I'd always like to share these old recordings in some manner. So with "Partial History" on one disc I have picked some of my personal favorites from the Stars Are Insane discography to create a single disc "best of" or selected works if you prefer. There are 20 tracks and this cd-r is packaged in a full color glue sleeve with a insert and a hand stamped cd-r. This is a limited pressing of 50 copies and each sleeve is numbered. They are $5 PPD in the US of A.

For those interested I still have a few copies remaining of the latest STARS ARE INSANE cd-r "A Plan...A Perfect Disaster" which will be released on cassette shortly on HI SHADOW RECORDS. Listen to it on Bandcamp: http://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/a-plan-a-perfect-disaster [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] »

LAST DUDE JAPAN SHOW.

DUDE JAPAN is calling it quits. I am retiring from playing music live. So we are playing a last show Sunday July 17th at Mr Beery's in Bethpage, NY w/ Deep Pockets, Polygon, Crow Bait, and Snow What. DUDE JAPAN will be recording our final 7 song ep the day before which will come out late summer/early fall on cd from Rok Lok and on cassette from Bridgetown Records. Thanks for listening!

BRICK MOWER "WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?" 7 INCH

In production right now is a 7 inch from the awesome NJ based indie rock/power pop trio BRICK MOWER. Based out of New Brunswick, NJ the power trio of Brick Mower has been a obsession of mine from the first second I heard their incredible "Floors EP" on Stumparumper Records and Viking On Campus. And with each subsequent release and live show since I was chomping at the bit for an opportunity to release some music for them. It is a honor and privilege to be able to be a part of sharing Brick Mower's rad music with the world. BRICK MOWER plays a brand of fuzzy guitar indie rock that I can't get enough of. If you dig catchy indie rock/punk stuff that is like Superchunk, New Sweet Breath, Small and fluf then say hello to your new favorite band. "Why Are We Doing This?" is limited to 250 copies and is packaged in a high quality, pro printed fold over cover and includes a insert. Listen to BRICK MOWER "Why Are We Doing This?" on Bandcamp: http://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/why-are-we-doing-this [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] »

THE ONLY GHOST IN TOWN "HIDDEN EAST COAST EP" 7 INCH LATHE/CD

Also in production and following up last year's awesome full length cassette "The Summer Was Over Before It Began" and a few exclusive compilation appearances including the "I Know Why They Call It Pop" tape on Rok Lok, The Only Ghost in Town is back! This time with a limited three song 7 inch lathe cut record that is limited to 30 pieces. Each record has been hand cut by the folks at Poly Cut and is packaged in a full color fold over sleeve. The "Hidden East Coast EP" is chock full of quintessential bedroom shoegaze/indie pop filled with clanging guitars and rich vocal melodies that exude youthful longing- The Only Ghost in Town creates mix tape worthy tunes to perfection. If you dig stuff like The Summer Hits, Further, Veronica Lake, Lenola, etc then you'll love what The Only Ghost in Town has to offer. The "Hidden East Coast EP" will be available as a CDEP as well. Listen to "Hidden East Coast EP" on Bandcamp:http://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-east-coast-ep [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] »

DISTRO UPDATES:

Awful Man "New Ways to Say Fuck Off" 7 inch

Beau Navire/Carrion Spring/Te Lloraria Un Puto Rio/The Discord of a Forgotten Memory "split" 8 inch (restock)

Beau Navire/Suffix "split" 7 inch

Brian Chaudhry "Dusty Songs: 2006-2008" cassette

Dude Japan "The Things That Matter" cassette

Explosivo! "If the Devil Had a Guitar" 12 inch/cd

For Serious This Time/Giant Peach "split" cassette

Fuzzy Hell "Toxicology Songs" cassette

Haircut "s/t" cassette

Jonesin' "The Dream is Dead" 7 inch

Junior Low "Almost Forever" cassette

Land of Ill Earthquakes "Lines" cassette

Nima "Demon + Wet Dream" cassette

R. Sawyer "Aulea" cassette

Rad Payoff "5 song tape" cassette

Shang-a-Lang "Sad Magic" cd

Sofy Major "Permission to Engage" cd

True Stereo "s/t" 7 inch

White Night "Immortal" 12 inch

www.roklokrecords.com

New distro arrivals:

Earth Earth "Matador is Dead" cd

For Serious This Time "Weird Life" 12 inch

Goblin Universe "True to Nothing" cd (one of my releases of the last year. VERY early Pavement/Tall Dwarfs)

Pillow "Learning to Labour" cd

Spraydog "Impress and Defend" cd (restock) (GREAT, GREAT male/female vocal indie rock like Versus and Butterglory)

Spraydog "Karate Summer Camp" cd

Also for those interested the online radio show/podcast A Spectacular Crap did a feature on Rok Lok and there are tunes from Dude Japan, The Only Ghost in Town, Fellow Project, On the Might of Princes, Damezumari, Loma Prieta, Stars Are Insane and more featured. Check it out:

http://combatmusicradio.com/aspectacularcrap/

distro arrivals:

Campfire Fight "Campfire Fight" cassette

Man Without Plan "Sounds Too Loud, Lights Too Bright" 12 inch

Outside the Museum "With Clouds" cassette

Sandy City "Nice Hat" 7 inch

v/a "Now Hereness" cd-r (comp w/ Blanket Truth, Watercolor Paintings, iji, Super Famicom, Lightning Paw, Fire Island AK, Cave Babies, Viking Moses, Racecar, Campfire Fight and much more)