If you're in chicago tonight and got nothin to do?

(there's also like 5 awesome shows...but this is rad too...)

Hey everyone in Chicago please try to make it out to this or support this cause, I've known Mat for 7 or 8 years now...and if you know Mat, you know he's the most loyal friend you could ever ask for. So let's all go berzerk and do what we can to help.

thanks,

-justin.

PS the night I met Mat, we became pretty fast friends. It was the night at Off the Alley that Lynyrd's Innards played as Black Flag, and Mat was "Rollins". We pretty much bonded because before they played I was helping draw on tattoos all over him in the back room and, when you're sitting around brainstorming on which era a icon like Henry Rollins he got certain tattoos then doing your best to replicate them with black sharpie markers...on a man standing around in shorts with no other clothes on...you bond pretty quickly. He's a good dude, I've spent countless hours rocking out to his bands and just listening to his bands, past and present, that we owe him this. I don't think I'll be able to make it out to Kuma's myself...but I'll be donating to the Paypal account.

thanks for your time....read on....

---------

Greetings all, Sweet Cobra’s guitar player, Mat is going through his second battle with cancer. He had 3 major surgeries in January of this year to remove tumors from his liver and spine. In addition, he spent 3 weeks in the hospital and is set to do 4 weeks of radiation as follow up.

The long term prognosis is good, but he still has a lot of treatment yet to go. Even though he has insurance, he’s been out of work without pay and the bills are starting to flood in. He wont be back at work for at least another 2 months. Long term disability at his work has a long grace period, so he’ll be paying for a lot of the bills out of pocket.

With all that said, our good friends at Kuma’s Corner in Chicago http://www.

kumas-corner. com/ will be lending a helping hand, as they have done for many of their friends in the past- Friday, March 28th all tips left at the bar with the bartenders (Alex and Rose) from 6pm to 2am will go to a fund to help with medical expenses. There will all kinds of neato stuff going on-raffles, give-aways, beer bongs, party balls and guest Dj’s. But mainly it will be eating excellent food and drinking top notch beer.

If you’re not familiar with Kuma’s, they are one fucking hip ass bar/eatery right now, with an amazing selection of beer and, as Playboy recently announced-the best burger in the lower 48...Maybe even all 50 states. Plus, they blast metal and like minded tunes all day, every day.

Our point? GET THERE EARLY. The bar and dining area fill up fast every night and with this being a Friday and all, the 28th will be no exception-Get there, plant your ass, drink, eat, act out, rage, bang thy withered skull-and show some love.

If you live out of state, or cannot attend this gala, you may donate via a paypal account that will go directly to Mat- Use this email address for donations via Paypal- [email protected] Hope to see you all there, Sweet Cobra dudes. PS. Please feel free to repost. THANKS.

Mat's doin ok, aside from the fact that he has metal pieces holding him together and chuncks of muscle removed from his back, which makes playing guitar rather difficult...basically his two loves he can't do right now: play guitar and skateboard.

the dude is one of the sweetest guys ever, he's like 36 or 37 and has so many awesome stories of seeing crazy old shows in California back in the early/mid 80's. One of my favorites is about seeing 7 Seconds first show in California, playing in a living room of somebody's house...whoa.