PO: BLACK GIRLS - Hell Dragon LP

Howdy,

I just wanted to announce that Richmond, VA's BLACK GIRLS debut full length album "Hell Dragon". The first 100 LPs are pressed on blue vinyl.

BLACK GIRLS are a southern/soul/funk/glam/snuff rock 6 piece that is sure to melt your mind. Here's a sweet video:

You can preview songs, buy the CD (out now), or preorder the vinyl (comes with a free CD, stickers, etc.) at this page:

http://www.worthless-junk.com/?page_id=91

Early Review:

"In my 30-plus years seeing live music, I have never seen a band with more commercial potential than Black Girls. And it is a natural charisma they possess. It isn't calculated or contrived in any way. On stage, they have that rare ability to endear themselves to just about anybody without even trying. The casual ease with which I've seen them seduce many a crowd is that elusive "it" that defines star power. Either you have it or you don't — and Black Girls most definitely have "it."

All of this charisma would be for naught if they didn't have the songs to back it up. On "Hell Dragon," their second full-length release for local label Worthless Junk Records, the band has captured what it does best — write instantly memorable tunes. A combination of Motown soul and classic pop, Black Girls' angst-free melodies are emboldened with a swaggering, low-simmering sensuality that recalls Prince, Modest Mouse, Pavement and "Chocolate and Cheese"-era Ween while retaining their own distinctive, libidinous voice. The corporeal looseness of their compositions inveigles the listener through persuasive seduction. It is sexual music without ever being lewd, heavy-handed or grotesquely needy. Confident but never conceited, Black Girls are always in the mood to help you slip into something more comfortable."

-Chris Bopst (founding member of GWAR, music columnist) in the Richmond Times Dispatch

BLOGS/RADIO STATIONS/ETC: I will send you a copy, please get in touch.