yet another turntable problem thread

first off I apologize for the lengthy thread but I have a lot to explain.

so I have been having speed problems with my Pioneer PL-5 turntable (its direct drive). the 45 speed would be okay for the most part but whenever I set it to 33 it would go entirely too slow. if I would tinker with the speed adjust knob and the switch sometimes it would work but most of the time it wouldn't last and it would just go slow again.

so eventually it stopped working all together and was always too slow on 33. I finally looked up the problem online and found a solution to the problem: using deoxit on the speed switch.

After taking the turntable apart and thoroughly spraying the switch and the connectors with this deoxit (I'm not sure if I did this correctly btw) it seemed to have worked. I put everything back together and after some adjustment with the speed knob the 33 speed was back to normal.

HOWEVER, when I hooked it back up to the stereo there was no sound coming from the record I put on, just a low humming noise. I looked at the red/white audio cables and the ground cable and everything looks fine (I even cleaned them). I have no idea what I messed up. I opened up the turntable again and everything was connected and looking good.

The only thing I can think of is I had to remove the tonearm in order to get inside the turntable. I had trouble both times getting the tonearm back into place with the two screws on each side. anyone have any idea of what I messed up? any help or advice would be much appreciated.