Question about static / white noise and speakers

I'm having issues with a pair of Swan M200MKII speakers that I purchased.

The issue: My speakers are omitting a constant static / white noise from the right speaker when powered on. The static is constant, regardless if anything is plugged into them or not. The hum is loud enough to hear over quiet parts in songs and quite obvious when there is no audio playing.

Speakers: Swan M200MKII's purchased from The Audio Insider

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_i.... roducts_id=184

Backstory: I purchased these speakers a few months ago and they were fine for a few weeks, then this static / white noise started. I contacted The Audio Insider and they were very accommodating and offered to repair my speakers. I received them back a month ago and they were fine, no noise. Last week I noticed that the hum has returned. I contacted the vendor again and they're saying that the issue is a product of the environment and something that these type of speakers do.

I've connected these speakers to several different audio sources: 2 computers, iPhone, an iPod, and with nothing connected. I've also tested them at home and at my office and the issues remains.

My question: Is the rep. from The Audio Insider correct? Is it normal for speakers to omit static like this or do I have a faulty product? This is the most I've ever spent on speakers before and I'm a bit worried that I'm not getting the best quality for my dollar.