Nice People / Free Records (stories)

tell us stories of nice people that have given you free records.

had my first amazing experience with this today.

i Emailed Suicide Squeeze about a week or two ago, looking for the Pensey's Electric Workhorse Song debut 7".

never heard back from them, then last night got an email from some guy who runs a management company (apparently he works with iron and wine, among others), he said david forwarded my email to him, and offered to send me a copy.

this thing has been out of print since the late 90s, so needless to say i'm a little excited.

i've also gotten a handful of free 7"s from the trades and purchases i have made on this forum, cos you guys seem to be rad like that.

so yay for free stuff!

neither of these were free, but Kjm23 just picked up up the thrice record since I won't be able to get to a computer when it goes on sale online and parisinflames grabbed me the whats the story (morning glory) by oasis when travis posted a list of only 4 stores that had it.

also, i purchased the alchemy index on ebay and had a nonfunctioning earth disc. when i emailed cobraside about buying one from them since i got it through a 3rd party, they apologized about my experience and sent me it for free.