FS: J-Church (Lance Hahn) 7" Cilantro Empty Soda Can $75.00 OBO

kperri

This item is NM- to VG+ (depending on how much of a stickler you are).  No visible signs of wear on any part of this EP (sleeve or vinyl).  Marigold Records release of the Empty Soda Can 7" by Lance's side-project, Cilantro. It's four-track recordings of 6 J Church songs that never made it to official releases.  VERY RARE!!

Lance Hahn:

A Hawaii resident transplanted to LA, San Francisco and now Austin, TX, Lance started out his recording career in Cringer then formed J Church in SF in 1991, alongside schoolfriend and Cringer band-mate Gardner Maxam. Lance is now the sole original member of the group. He is a long-time contributor to MaximumRock'n'Roll and wrote a book on the early anarcho punk scene in the UK. Musically, he has released a solo acoustic record under the name 'Cilantro' (after his favourite smell), was Beck's touring guitarist in 1994-5 and was in the final line-up of Bay Area pop-punk band Monsula in the early 1990s. He has also run Honey Bear Records (named after Winnie The Pooh) since 1994. The Honey Bear site has a detailed biography of all Lance's pre-J Church bands.

**J Church is no more. Lance Hahn, co-founder, singer, guitarist, songwriter, the embodiment of J Church, died on 21 October 2007**

Please respond to this post for more details and pics!!

Other sales / feedback info that I have can be found at FunkyLittleGnome on Etsy (an online store run by me and my wife).