Self Aware Records- Update for 2013 (Label/Distro/Etc)

I don't give label updates as much as I should, so here is a brief update. We recently put out a slew of releases at the end of 2012 and early 2013 and are still trying to recoup some of those funds so that we can put out the upcoming LPs, later on this year. We really need help raising the funds for these upcoming releases so please take the time to rummage through the distro or maybe just actually pick up some of our more recent releases. Here is a link to the webstore and below that here is a list of our more recent things...

SA018: Center of the Sun "Machine Gun" 12" EP-- This band (now on hiatus) features ex and current members of Grids, Paeoplieodian (TX), Meth Mountain, and Young and in the Way (Deathwish). They sound nothing like those bands. Some people have said they are shoegaze, others says gloompop. I don't really know if that is in fact the case of what the fuck that really means nowadays but this is good nonetheless. Heavy, spacey, and ethereal. Sometimes brings to mind Cranberries, Veruca Salt, and such. Definitely more 90s influenced heavy pop than shoegaze. Check it and see.

SA017: Late Bloomer "S/T" 12" LP-- The band really likes a lot of SST/Dischord/Sub Pop stuff from the 80s and 90s but there is a lot more going on than some rehash stuff. Basically melodic punk that covers the whole spectrum of things that rule. Dinosaur, Husker Du, Superchunk, Built to Spill, Mudhoney, Jawbreaker, yada yada. 

SA016: Oddczar "One Word" 12" EP-- A little different than most of the stuff that we put out but in its own right definitely a good record. Brings to mind Taken and other melodic hardcore/screamo from. I think these kids are way too young to have experienced the whole Saetia, Joshua Fit For Battle type bands, so they go a different way with it and definitely surprised me with how fresh they are in their approach. 

SA015: Old Flings "Spite" 12" LP-- For fans of Samiam, Gin Blossoms, as well as Texas is the Reason and Quicksand. This band has been blowing up recently and are every fest on the east coast. Definitely a solid record, someone described it as "emo" with some balls behind it. 

Once again, please check out the distro. We have a lot of good records in there. I promise you can find plenty of things in there, no matter what "subgenre" you get down with. Thanks for all of you that have shown support in the past and present. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions, would love to chat with you about Terminator, records and other random odds and ends. 

Much Love, 

Joshua Robbins