WTB Typhoon records

kylebutcher

There was a White first press of Hunger and Thirst on Ebay for the longest time up until a couple of days ago but its gone now.Never seen the 2nd Press of Hunger and Thirst for sale. Was lucky enough to score the Typhoon/Lake split for 12.99 a couple months ago on Discogs. Good Luck. White Lighter is my favorite record of the year.

• 4 months later...

The white vinyl 1st pressing is once again up on eBay. I spoke with the store owner who made the listing and was told that they bought a case of them from the band when it first came out, so you should be able to find one--at least in the short term.

I have only been into Typhoon for a few months, after I first heard "Young Fathers," and now I have been trying to collect as much as I can, too. I was also lucky to find a copy of the Lake/Split single on Discogs, probably about a month ago. I think it was only 9.99, but I could be misremembering. It was under 15$ with shipping. So, keep your eyes out for that.

From that 7" I also traced down a copy of Lake's LP, entitled "cassette" (as it was originally issued on cassette with fewer tracks). I went to Funkytonk Records online store for that. I wasn't interested just because of the split, but because of a line on their online bio which said members of typhoon had guested on many of the album's tracks: 

"The next album was recorded at two different houses where band members were living in Olympia: the Puget House, and at Calliope, where Lindsay was living at the time. Many recordings feature members of the band "Typhoon" from Portland, OR. The LAKE "cassette" was released on tape only, for the first year, and then Funkytonk Records offered to put the album out on vinyl with two added tracks from the same sessions that hadn't made it onto the tape release."

I have not yet received the record, so I can't clarify that information yet, but if you are as obsessed as I am, you'll probably want to try to get a copy and they appear readily available.

All that said, I am also looking for pretty much anything from them too that pre-dates Hunger and Thirst, which mostly appears to have been extremely limited "self-releases" done through Boy Gorilla. The pressings were probably <200 copies, and I have been told that many band members don't even have copies of this stuff. BUT, those 200 or so copies do have to be around somewhere, right!?

• 3 weeks later...