Flophouse - New HC PUNK demos available from ARMS RACE, PUBLIC SUICIDE, KOMPLOTT, OBSTRUCT++

nicktape

flyer.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm posting about various demo tapes that I'm helping get out to the people. Everything is available from http://www.flop-house.net. Here is what I've got:

---------

#7 - PUBLIC SUICIDE - Demo

08small.jpg

Listen:

Public Suicide is the judge, jury and execution of young DC hardcore warrior Robin Zeijlon. These five hateful, rebellious blasts of aggression are fueled by the likes of Negative FX, Confront and Breakdown. The vocals are mean, the hits are hard and the riffs hold you down by the throat. This is 100% pure, unadulterated, unfiltered raging youth energy. 

#6 - ARMS RACE - Demo (USA vers)

07small.jpg

Listen:

Arms Race are a Ryder truck splitting at the seams with fertilizer and petrol in a strong and growing multidisciplinary UK hardcore explosion, along with such bands as (but not limited to): Violent Reaction, The Flex, Obstruct, Perspex Flesh, Stab, and Final Rage. Among the current wave of English groups violently turning our heads, Arms Race maintain an identity of their own with an eclectic formula of influences. Musically, this sounds like Chaos UK having an extramarital relationship with Victim In Pain-era Agnostic Front. The riffs are raw and simple, yet powerful and memorable. The vocals are gruffly shouted in a thick, unmistakably British accent with confidence and zero apologies. 

#5 - KOMPLOTT - Demo

06small.jpg

Listen:

I met a few of the guys from Komplott when they toured America with their other band, Holy. Once I heard Komplott I was blown away by the relentless d-beat buzzing chainsaw guitars, furious drums, driving bass and harshly shouted vocals with the reverb at 11. As an Italian man, myself, I was extremely excited to hear something of this quality coming out from my homeland. This tape is simply brutal. 

#4 - OBSTRUCT - No Life + Demo

05small.jpg

Listen:

OBSTRUCT are a young STRAIGHT EDGE hardcore punk band from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire England amidst the current typhoon wave of rough and burly UKHC coming out right now. This tape compiles their demo + the most recent "No Life" EP that recently came out on Northern Wisdom Records. This band draw influences from early 80's Boston, late 80's NYHC and sick early 2000's hardcore. Fucking hard. 

#3 - SMÄRTSAM UTLÖSNING - Demo

smartsamtapes.jpg

LIsten:

The SMÄRTSAM UTLÖSNING demo is an international effort from members of Uppsala, Sweden's Agent Attitude and two members of DC's Coke Bust. The Swedes spent a week in DC prior to their US tour getting drunk, being tourists and jamming these songs with us. These five songs pay homage to the band members' favorite past and present Swedish hardcore bands a la Herätys, Totalitär, Dismachine and Mob47 while still maintaining its own flavor. Recorded live in a practice room with a couple of mics, the production is raw in a way that compliments the style and brings out the intensity. The demo includes a double-sided lyric insert for English-speakers who cannot read the Swedish text. The creepy, desolate lyrics were too good not to translate. 

#2 - AGENT ATTITUDE - Repulsive Action

agent.jpg

Listen:

After seeing this young and talented fast hardcore punk band perform night after night on their Summer 2013 European tour, I was honored when they asked me to put out the tape version of their newest EP "Repulsive Action" for their US tour in October. Fans of all the best early 80's USHC will eat this up. It's far from sounding like retro USHC, though, as these five young Swedish boys were clearly raised on a liquid diet of Anti Cimex, Mob 47, etc. The snotty vocals and super-tight delivery give this a unique twist.

#1 - CORRECTION - Demo

backdrop.jpg

Listen:

I heard this Swedish hardcore band’s practice tapes and was completely blown away. The songs, for the most part, are straight up catchy Scandi crust bangers with explosive punky youth-crew breakdowns. One can draw comparisons from the likes of MOB 47's spin, the crushing element of JUDGE, and the urgency of old Boston hardcore. Lyrics have a very strong straight edge and political slant. One song, for example, rails against the right wing shift and slow de-socialization of the Swedish government with a hard preservative stance. This demo definitely breaks all the rules, and that’s why I like it so much. Crust doggs and youth crew nerds, united as one.

Anyone interested in wholesale should email me at: [email protected]. All tapes are available from:

Listen to everything here:

Order:

Up next: GENOCIDE PACT 7", URBANOIA - Svart Sement Cass, RED DEATH - Demo Cass, SUICIDAS - No Nos Mata La Muerte + Demo, DisXease - Demo Cass