Weird Noises/Upgrading

Double topic post cause I didn't want to clog up the board.

TOPIC 1:

I've been getting some funny noises from some of my records, ie: heavily distorted guitar noises that aren't in the music, popping on new records, L audio cutting out, and a noise that sounds like a band-aid being ripped off. If it helps, I recently changed my mat to cork, replaced the needle needle, and dialed in the anti-skate. I've been having problems getting the tracking force perfect, but I have it around 1.25. The noises only really kick in toward the center of the record, and it's the worst on the Dave Brubeck "Take 5" promo I have, and a Cage The Elephant 7" that was released for Record Store Day.

TOPIC 2:

I've had my turntable for 2 years, and it's my first, but I've been upgrading it a lot lately. Should I just get a new turntable? I've been looking at the Debut Carbon, and that's definitely what I'd go with. I currently have a TTUSB. Is it time?

sounds like a mis aligned cartridge, you are getting what's called inner groove distortion.

That said the TTUSB isn't a great table or fitted with a great cartridge so yes I would be looking at upgrading

That's helpful! Are the printable alignment tools trustworthy, or do you recommend buying one?

And I know it's not a good table, but it is my first, and on a budget, it is one of the better starter tables. But I did upgrade the cartridge, still not fantastic, but alright.

With regard to topic #1 and the weird band aid noises, make sure the bottom of the body of your cartridge isn't scraping on the record. If your stylus is damaged or bent that can happen, especially on cheaper tables.

Recently replaced my stylus because that was happening. This one is alright.