Hey! I've been stalking this thread for a while. I too am desperate to find a copy of this beautiful record to give as a birthday present to a friend. He missed out on the presale and was super bummed he can't find a copy. If anyone happens upon another magical source please please hit me up, it would be so greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hey! I've been stalking this thread for a while. I too am desperate to find a copy of this beautiful record to give as a birthday present to a friend. He missed out on the presale and was super bummed he can't find a copy. If anyone happens upon another magical source please please hit me up, it would be so greatly appreciated. Cheers

yup np. I'll let ya know if I come across anything.

• 5 months later...

Hi Orchid Tapes friends and fans! well I'm now OFFICIALLY (and very very sadly) selling all of my wonderful records that I have collected over the past two years.. sadly, i really need the money desperately to continue to attend college and to continue to produce my own music and pay my rent as well. I also am managing letting go of all my 12'' vinyl because I have made the switch over to the cute & cheesy cassette side. don't hate :)

Nevertheless, this is specifically an Orchid Tapes forum created for trading and describing the specific record details and conditions of all 4 records that I have up for sale or trade.

Anyway, 3 out of 4 of these now "rare and hard to find" records sold out within days, and in Alex G's case 1st pressings sold out within just hours.. 

First one I have for sale is:

1.) Three Love Songs - Ricky Eat Acid

Pressing Order Info: 

( 1st Pressing of Ricky Eat Acid's First Official Vinyl: "Three Love Songs" )

Numbered: ##132/250 ///// Vinyl Color / Condition: A Gorgeous Dark Royal Blue 12'' Vinyl. The records physical appearance and condition are "absolutely flawless" [personally i think its one of the prettiest vinyl colors!!!!]

The photographed styled artwork is no doubt in definite "mint" condition. There are absolutely ZERO scratches, bends, creases or spot on the vinyl sleeve / artwork. 

I know this may sound crazy, but I only listened to The Three Love Songs 12'' one and only time! I was too excited to frame the vinyl + sleeve up, i because I loved the sleeve photograph soooooo much. Therefore, it really is practically a brand new record since it's hardly been touched.

I will also include some of the free Orchid Tape Goodies such as:

* The original white protective sleeve that Orchid used to ship it with. 

* This cool little pink piece of paper that has a poem one of Sam's friends reads during the first song. (Hasn't even left the vinyl's sleeve yet.)

* On the back side includes all of the track names and times. (Hasn't even left the vinyl's sleeve yet.)

*Also, Three Love Songs was the last physical release Orchid Tapes did with personalized thank you notes. So I will keep that specific card since it has my name on it... However, I will still include a handwritten thank you note by Warren from one of my other records! 
* It will also come with the original sticker + Orchid Tapes stamped envelope.

^ I've heard many rumors that Orchid Tapes is going to repress Three Love Songs soon, but i've been hearing that for a while now. I don't personally think they will, but thats just my opinion! Regardless, it won't ever be an original first pressing again!

My Price -------> Three Love Songs by itself: 70$ (Shipping is Free in U.S) ( Or Best Offer )

***** No, it's not cheap. Yes, I know Ricky Eat Acid & Orchid Tapes are relatively "low-key" artists who love to give out their music for free. Yet despite those facts, there is a definite high demand for Orchid Tapes physical releases, products and merch. I believe Three Love Songs 12" sold out in less than a week. You won't find a better conditioned first pressing of this vinyl anywhere else. Depends on how much of a fan you are I suppose.

2.) Boring Ecstasy - The Bedroom Pop Compilation of Orchid Tapes

Features songs from ALL of Orchid Tape's family + more!!: Foxes in Fiction, Ricky Eat Acid, Alex G, Elvis Depressedly(Unreleased Version of an Elvis Depressedly Song), R.L Kelly, Four Visions, Yohuna, Julia Brown, Home Alone and many more Orchid affiliated musicians are featured on this beautiful work of art.

Pressing order Info:

(1st pressing of Orchid Tape's First Ever Official Compilation Vinyl 12")

Numbered: ##276/300/// Vinyl Color / Condition: This Coke Bottle Clear is an interesting transparent 12" record that I have actually never seen before. Since it literally is 100% colored as a clean and clear vinyl, you are able to see that there are absolutely no scratches or marks on any part of the record.

The physical Artwork of the sleeve is flawless and looks beautiful. (Love the picture Brian took for the artwork!!). Unfortunately, I would give the quality of the sleeve itself though a 9/10. The sleeve is near perfect, however on the top right hand corner where the sleeve opens for the record there is a VERY minor amount of wear N tear. However, the sleeve isn't bent or ripping at all. I just figured it would be better to know that there is a minor amount of wear N tear on the opening. Even though I truly believe the quality of the sleeve is still 9/10, I am still going to be kind and reduce my asking price for the amazing compilation :) 

I will also Include a few of the goodies that Orchid Tapes sent with Boring Ecstasy:

* The original white, protective sheet that Orchid Tapes sends 12"'s in.

* The Boring Ecstasy Pin

* An Orchid Tapes Sticker

* An exclusive photograph taken by one of the Orchid Tapes musicians at their live showcase in New York on a disposable camera.

* The super cool album art mini poster / print (Hasn't even left the Vinyl's sleeve yet)

My Price ---> Originally: 75$ (BUT I AM TAKING 10$ OFF FOR MINOR WEAR N TEAR THAT I ALREADY MENTIONED) (9/10 Quality)
So Instead: I will accept 65$ (OBO) (FREE SHIPPING IN USA)

*** No 65$ isn't cheap for one 12", either. However, Orchid Tapes will no doubt never repress this compilation EVER again. Snagging Boring Ecstasy was an opportunity you had to jump on quickly! Also, there was only 300 total records pressed. So finding one for sale ANYWHERE for a decent price will be a challenge. Make me an offer, we'll see. ( I took 10$ off of my original asking price for the minor usage on the top right corner I mentioned earlier)

3.) DSU - Alex G

Pressing Order Info:

(One of the very 1st Pressings of Alex G's First Official Vinyl & ALSO Alex's First Physical Release with Orchid Tapes)

Numbered: ##: 22/125///  Vinyl Colors + Condition: Translucent Deep Purple. As far as DSU's condition goes, I have treated this record like my first born baby. I would definitely say that it's quality and perfection can be compared to my Three Love Songs that I listed above.

Like I said just above, DSU was truly a newborn baby for me. I'm not sure why I treated it so carefully and delicately. I honestly think it's because I love the album so VERY VERY much. The album artwork is in superb status still, with 0 creases, dents, scratches, spots, stains or any kind of dirt.I made sue nothing came close to DSU hahah. The sleeve itself is a 10/10 in quality & condition.
The newest pressed version of DSU is now up to the 4th pressing of DSU as a 12" in Europe. Therefore, (besides Europe,) THIS IS MORE THAN LIKELY THE ABSOLUTE CLOSEST YOU WILL EVER BE TO FINDING A "Clean and Mint Condition First pressing of DSU" This vinyl will for sure be the most heart breaking for me to sell, because I doubt I will ever stumble across a first pressing one in a condition as beautiful as this one is. And the fact that it was one of very first 20 pressings of the Translucent Deep Purple colored vinyl's makes it a very rare and sweet gift for anyone who collects vinyl and also loves Alex G like we all do!!!! i've played this record a total of 5 times, and it still looks just as flawless as when I first opened it.

I will also throw in some of the goodies that Orchid Tapes Included with The Alex G Debut Vinyl: DSU

* The White Sleeve used to cover the record when it is shipped.

* A poster / printed insert that contains some brief information about Alex G.

* The poster also includes some very psychedelic artwork, as well as ALL of the albums Lyrics. ( Still haven't pulled this out of the vinyl sleeve, Brand new Poster basically)

* A Thank you Note hand Written from Warren

*Orchid Tapes Sticker

My Price ------- > 80$ (FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN U.S)

*** Sorry, be as upset as you want with me for this one. But first of all, the first pressing of DSU sold out in about 2 hours. Orchid Tapes has never seen anything like that!!  Don't get me wrong, 80$ is a lot for one 12" vinyl. But if you or someone you love is a very passionate Alex G fan, you may have to buy them this copy. There is nothing wrong with spending 20$ and getting The European Company's pressed version of DSU. It will sound the exact same. Yet, it'll be a 4th pressing. Also, it won't come with any of the warmhearted Orchid Tapes treats that come with EVERY vinyl.. So once again I suppose it comes down to how big of a fan you are of Alex G? If you love him like I do, then you need the first pressing of his first vinyl. 

4.) Shadow - Mister Lies

Pressing Order Info: 1st Pressing (Mister Lie's first official 12" released with Orchid Tapes)

Numbered: ##51/500 //// Vinyl Color + Condition: Jet Black. Absolute mint condition. Should honestly be labeled as "Brand New". I just got this one in the mail a few weeks ago, and I haven't even listened to it let alone pulled the record out of it's sleeve.

Not much else to say about Shadow because you can still buy it at the Orchid Tapes store right now. So, i'll just have to sell this one for cheaper.

My price -------> 15$ (Free Shipping in U.S.A) 

My Final Statement: This is my first time selling on this site, so if you have any questions, comments, or if you would care to bargain the prices down, than feel free to email me at any time at [email protected] 

A Deal I will Do: Buy any of the first 3 vinyl, and I will throw in Mister Lies - Shadow 12" FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!

If you really find the prices of all of these rare, sold out, 1st pressing vinyl to be too over priced, then please Email me anyways at [email protected] , If you remember above, I said I had just recently started looking for more cassettes.^^^^^^^^^^

Therefore, I will seriously make a very very ridiculously dumb trade on my part, that may lose me a good amount of money, IF you possibly have 1, 2 , or maybe 3 Cassette/ Tapes that I want. Let me know if you're interested in a vinyl over email, these are the tapes I am willing to trade for listed below:

1. Absolutely Any cassette by Teen Suicide

2. You Get Sick ; You Regret Things - Ricky Eat Acid

3. Three Love Songs - B Sides - Ricky Eat Acid

3. Absolutely Any cassette by Blithe Field (not spencer radclife, but Blithe Field)

4. Trick - Alex G

5. Race - Alex G

6. Starry Cat - Starry Cat

7. Absolutely any cassette by Elvis Depressedly

8. Die Young - Happy Trendy

9. Absolutely any cassette by Frankie Cosmos