Sony Receiver

Sony is a brand that needs to be looked at at a each item level. Some of the things they make now are bad. But some are awesome. Did you know Sony was awarded the best price no option loudspeakers in 2011 by Absolute Sound?

I have used several 80s and 90s amps from Sony, some are really great.

I will NEVER get rid of my Sony Table, a PX70 (hooked up to a Marantz 4400, paid $40 for the pair in full working condition along with speakers, moving coil carts and more...yard sales are wonderful) - www.thevintageknob.org/sony-PS-X70.html

HOWEVER - I would never recommend anyone with an interest in turntable and records to buy a new receiver unless they need the HDMI or multi-channel inputs. First problem, no phono input. 2nd problem, new amp design is not made for turntables and analog sound. Typically use Class H power switching, lots of technical jargon here....

My suggestion, by a vintage amp and buy one of the following DAC:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/review-fiio-e10-hrt-headstreamer-and-nuforce-udac-2se-usb-dacheadphone-amplifiers

The E10 runs 80 bucks!

You can really make your dollar go farther by buying used audio stuff. You can even get some great high end amps from the 90s for around $500 bucks. Man get a Aragon 2004 or 4004 with a good pre-amp or something.