going to Michigan ALL weekend

i went to western michigan univ, so i lived in kzoo from 02 to 06.

FIRST: no good record shops. if someone asks to go visit the Kelloggs factory or Cereal City say NO, it's fucking lame and boring (and i watch the history channel like its my job). the mall is alright, it has a carousel. if it's nice, i would say drive to lake michigan one day, it's only about an hour or so from kzoo. mandaly bay is a piano bar downtown if you're looking for something to do with the whole crew, but it gets a little crazy (lame) after 10. Burdicks is a good place to eat downtown, also all the places to eat and drink inside the Raddison downtown are good too. and lastly i would suggest going to "Menna's Legal Joint" off Stadium, it's a good quick place to eat. and Sweetwaters (next to Mennas) donuts and coffee is a great morning snack. there's a Hooters there that sucks balls. went once. old waitress and 5 bucks for one bottle of Sam Adams. and remember that Kzoo is mostly a college town so if you go out at night expect that kind of atmosphere. stay away from: Firehouse and Y Bar. best pizza in kzoo is Bilbos. not too much else to do round there, that's why i turned to pot.

i haven't been to grand rapids since i was a kid, but i heard there is an amazing record store there. i don't remember what the name of it was though.

i live in livonia which is 20 minutes outside of detroit and i find it funny that detroit is like the most violent city in america and livonia was once rated the safest city to live in, in america. the city is also made up of like 98% caucasian and detroit is obviously made up of a large amount of african americans.

it's weird cause we're right by each other but it's like day and night.

Grand Rapids does have great record stores, check on Vertigo records on Division Ave., and there is an old place across the street from Vertigo called Dodd's if your tastes are more diverse. Its right in the heart of downtown, the intersection of Fulton and Division, and there are some bar's, clothing stores, restaurants, and other show spaces around there (The Division Avenue Arts Collective). I think Vertigo and DAAC have webpages, so you can find more info.

ok, i know of two record stores in Ann Arbor: PJs and Encore.

if someone knows the names and/or locations of GOOD stores in/around downtown please post them so i can go there and support the shit outta them.

i love encore, but their cd selection is a lot better than vinyl.

underground sound is pretty sweet also, it's just right down the street.

i just went to both of those places about a week ago.

if someone knows the names and/or locations of GOOD stores in/around downtown please post them so i can go there and support the shit outta them.

Yeah dude, how could you go to Encore and not go to Underground? haha. Go another block down. There it is. It's awesome, honestly probably my favorite place to buy records EVARRRRRR.

There's also a place called Wazoo on State, I've never been there though. The guy that owns Underground says it's really good but I hear tell the prices are kinda high.

Yeah dude, how could you go to Encore and not go to Underground? haha. Go another block down. There it is. It's awesome, honestly probably my favorite place to buy records EVARRRRRR.

There's also a place called Wazoo on State, I've never been there though. The guy that owns Underground says it's really good but I hear tell the prices are kinda high.

a tip of the hat to you sir!