Hey, where are the tea drinkers?

I've been getting into loose leaf teas lately. Teavana got me interested, as well as Madame Zuzu's run by Billy Corgan. With Summer coming (or already here, right?) I've been brewing a lot of iced teas with my infuser pitchers. Anyone know any cool shops in the Southern California area that carry some good blends?

I just bought some Blackberry and Lavender Lemonade tea from Urth cafe in Pasadena, CA and mixed them together to make a pretty good summertime blend.

I'm always looking for good shops and tips on how to make my tea taste better. I just had a water testing guy come over this past weekend and turns out my tap water is absolute garbage :( I usually prepare tea using filtered water, but the fact that my dishes (pot, pitcher, mixing utensils) are washed with the tap water really does affect the taste. I brewed a cup using "clean" dishes and it really made a difference. Reverse osmosis filters are the way to go!

I made a switch from coffee a couple years ago. At first I was very into it. I bought loose leaf teas from online vendors but I realized it wasn't worth spending extra money on something that tastes a little bit better. At least not while I'm in college. So I just drink regular supermarket sold tea bags now. I've found some great flavors, especially at whole foods.

I've been buying from adagio.com for more than 5 years now. They have a bunch of different flavors/types to choose from in a bunch of price categories. And if you're unsure about a tea, you can usually get a sample for pretty cheap.

I'm drinking Jade Oolong as I type this at work.

Edit: they do a "Roots Collection" so if you're into meeting the people that supply you with your tasty beverage, you can read interviews with the growers

If you ever come across smoked tea (usually loose) - try it!  I had it once when I went on vacation with a friend to Block Island back in high school and it was awesome.  It was summertime so it was iced, but it's just as good when served hot, too.  I went on a hunt for it since then and was only ever able to find it in one place outside of Block Island.

• 1 month later...