Schiit Mani - ~$130 Phono Pre-amp

It really wouldn't be a "large undertaking" at all. Yes, you'd need the proper equipment, space, and power to do it but there are plenty of companies that offer "burn in" type services for a rather small surcharge that can be given as an option at the point-of-sale thus not requiring every unit to go through the process in house. Morrow Audio would be a great example of what I'm referring to. Of course, I'm just sharing what I've read and heard from several Schiit owners and journalists who've reviewed various models Schiit produces. The general consensus is close to 100 hours as I mentioned.

I understand how they do business and what their business model is. I'm just suggesting, if the burn-in theories are true, it might not be a bad idea for them to offer it. I know at least a few journalists who've reviewed their products who even stated that they wish they were sent pre-burned in units as the sound got better after the review had been published which obviously would affect the final written review. Even if they don't offer it to their standard customers, it might be a smart idea for the units they send out for review. They can still operate under their "low cost" business model while offering these types of services.

Obviously, "burn in" is going to be subjective and somewhat a matter of opinion (especially for solid state gear) but I felt the information was worth sharing. Up to you how you take it or whether you feel it's relevant or not.

ok.  mosey on over to head-fi and explain it to them.

I find it rather amusing you're getting so annoyed by trying to promote a healthy discussion here about a company who's products we're obviously all interested in. I figured the points made by audiophiles/journalists who have first-hand experience with Schiit's gear would be worth making note of and sharing with all of you. I'm not saying their opinions are gospel truth but something worth making note of for the sake of general discussion. You may not give a Schiit but doesn't mean you have to be rude about it.

I still plan on buying a few of their products to play around with. I think it's great they're able to offer such high quality at such a great price-point. Definitely areas for improvement but they're making great progress and public response has been nothing short of fantastic which I'm sure they're loving. They did a good job at making me decide on skipping the DIY route for an amp just because it would be cheaper to buy and mod their product for an even better return on the investment. I do like that. Definitely curious to see what they do in 2015.

I find it rather amusing you're getting so annoyed by trying to promote a healthy discussion here about a company who's products we're obviously all interested in. I figured the points made by audiophiles/journalists who have first-hand experience with Schiit's gear would be worth making note of and sharing with all of you. I'm not saying their opinions are gospel truth but something worth making note of for the sake of general discussion. You may not give a Schiit but doesn't mean you have to be rude about it.

I still plan on buying a few of their products to play around with. I think it's great they're able to offer such high quality at such a great price-point. Definitely areas for improvement but they're making great progress and public response has been nothing short of fantastic which I'm sure they're loving. They did a good job at making me decide on skipping the DIY route for an amp just because it would be cheaper to buy and mod their product for an even better return on the investment. I do like that. Definitely curious to see what they do in 2015.

I'm not annoyed nor am I being rude.  Although, suggesting that I am simply to give your position merit is annoying and somewhat rude.

I simply think that 300 hour burn-ins is exactly the sort of voodoo that Schiit is against.  I am pretty sure they do some minimal fail-test type burn-in before boxing products.  They could up that to 500 hours and they would still have some blow-hard on the internet claiming their gizmo didn't open up the veil lifter until 100+ hours.

That's just my opinion.

I said that because I felt like you were being offended or something. Obviously misunderstood your intention. Apologies.

I'll agree with your comments though which is why I said in my earlier post that burn-in can be quite subjective and a matter of opinion especially for "solid state" gear like much of Schiit's offerings. I'm on the fence myself and curious to see for myself.

I'm sure they test their gear for quality control. I still wish they would offer something like this for people who do feel it's a concern. I only mention it really because of the few people I've spoken to who do feel like there was a difference in sound after 100+ hours, especially on a tube-based product like the Vali. I'm ordering a couple of their products later this week so I'll definitely post my personal experience when I get them in hand.

I must say though, this company is doing a fantastic job and I love the positive response they're getting.

Both Burson amps sounded great with the Audeze headphone (both the LCD-2 and LCD-3s) I was trying them out with. I actually thought that the Asgard sounded better than Valhalla. The Schiit stuff sounded dull comparatively, so we seem to agree.  I didn't try them with Grados, so there may lie the difference.

Running an ortho load with an OTL amp (Valhalla)? Yikes. No wonder the Burson sounded better with them. Try an HD800 on a Valhalla and you may get different results with respect to the Burson.