Do 7" typically sound distorted/bad for you?

My laziness is what prevents me from listening to records compared to just throwing something on my sonos. So yea, having to get up every time I want to hear a different song is pretty lame. Plus I never know if I need to jump up real fast to take care of my daughter/wife/dog/cats. I think I have less than 25 7" and around 150 LP's.

Plus like others have said, I care less about the fidelity of my music the more it gets into the metal/hardcore/punk realm.

I honestly feel it just depends on the quality of the press. Like many other things in life, I feel like these smaller items need more attention to detail and I would say 30% of my 7" collection sounds bo-bo. For example, I got the new Strange Wilds 7" and Sundowner 7" the same day, the Strange Wilds 7" sounds like complete shit while the Sundowner 7" from Fat sounds amazing. It's a bummer though for sure, sometimes you get a limited EP or single and the fucking mp3s sounds leaps and bounds better than the vinyl equivalent but you just gotta roll with the punches and hope you don't get a dud.

I'm a big fan of the really thick 7"s (don't know the gram weight offhand), especially when they're done right at 33 RPM without too many songs. I've had a couple 7"s that sound better than their LPs, but on a whole, LPs generally sound better.

7"s can be the perfect hardcore format, just enough before you get a break and get to flip. I do admit I don't listen to them as much as the others, though.