technics sl-d3 disaster

Hi I have had this turntable for about a year now and very pleased with it , I got for 45 pounds locally cleaned it up and got a new stylus and the dust cover came up mint and was intact

however the other day something fell off the wall and smashed my dust cover I was gutted

I looked for a replacement second hand but they are as common as rocking horse sh## 

got me thinking whether time upgrade to a basic project turntable and get the dust cover to go with it or try and get a universal dust cover to go over technics

would I be gaining anything on a new base project or similar ?

I not that technical when it comes to turn tables and don't want to spend money on a new turn table that's a base model and not gain anything

I know if I spent a lot of money maybe but I am not a vinyl obsessive , I just enjoy buying new and used vinyl giving them a swipe with brush when rotating on turn table and the odd clean with some fluid

I do however like the thought of a new turntable the d3 just not same with a broken dust cover lol

the system I have is nad c370 amp a pair of  mission speakers on Apollo spiked floor stands my preamp was not very expensive so will upgrade in the future but does the job for now with the set up I can shake my house and next doors if I want with my vinyl or just nice and gentle but great sound well for me it is anyway