Newbie question: Best SMALL 8 ohm bookshelf speakers for the buck?

Just getting my setup going here, and need a set of speakers.  Did a ton of research and ended up buying the Micca mb42x's from Amazon.  Only problem is that they are a 4 ohm speaker, and my receiver won't handle anything lower than 8 ohms.  Rookie mistake!

So now I'm looking for a new set.  These speakers themselves are about 9" tall, and that's absolutely as big as I'd want to go (which probably rule out speakers such as the Sony SS-B1000).  This is a pretty small room (home office) and the speakers would just sit on my desk.

Two options that seem popular on Amazon are made by Pyle.  Not thrilled by the reviews though.

Any suggestions?  I'd sure like to keep them under $100 too if at all possible.

4 and 6 ohm speakers are quite common now although 8 ohm speakers are still quite common but you might want to look at vintage stuff.

The fact your receivers sounds like it's going into protection trying to drive the 4 ohm speakers isn't a good sign though, sadly there was a lot of cheap kit made by big names in the 90's

Also Pyle and quality are not two words that usually appear together.

Thanks for the note on Pyles - those prices online are enticing, but I had a really bad gut feel about them.

I ended up finding a pair of Boston Acoustic CR57's on Craigslist for $25.  At that price even if they aren't perfect, I can live them I assume (and from what I've read, they actually sound like they could be solid speakers, and they fit the space I have to work with perfectly).  So hopefully I'm all set!