Component video cables for a turntable?

I'll be receiving my new turntable and preamp here in the next couple of weeks.  Have been doing some research on interconnects and in a few places I've read you can actually get away with using component video cables (of which I believe I have a few of laying around) for the turntable-to-preamp connection due to their low capacitance?  

Is this a true statement?  Seems a little fishy to me, but I'd certainly prefer to use something I already own vs buying new if I don't have to.

Well obviously that's what I figured (and I have no shortage of RCA cables laying around) but the whole "low capacitance" thing is something I never really gave much thought to. And that was a suggestion that was thrown out there with a couple of people saying it was a good idea.

You can totally use them. They won't hurt anything. It's fine. If you want to compare them with a standard set of interconnects, that's fine too! I don't think you'll hear a difference, but you never know until you try.

You can totally use them. They won't hurt anything. It's fine. If you want to compare them with a standard set of interconnects, that's fine too! I don't think you'll hear a difference, but you never know until you try.

Sometimes you find quite good quality cable for not a lot of money used in component video cables as well

Ha.  OK.  :)
I'm new to the whole turntable thing and there's enough information and mis-information out there to make you change your mind 20 times in the span of 20 minutes.  Some people say any RCA will do, others say you need to spend over $1000 on cables alone to experience any kind of quality.

I'll do some experimenting I guess!