traveling with vinyl

Guest kylewilliam

I have found vinyl, for the most part to fare fine while on tour. I think people sometimes treat vinyl like it's a heart or something needed to be medevacd by hellacopter to the awaiting transplantee.

Heat is usually not much of a problem, as I have toured with vinyl many times, in the summer. Just store it upright in a sealed box and usually all is well, unless it's thin shitty URP discount grade vinyl?

Or you could always take the record out, put it behind the jacket but still in the poly sleeve, and individually bubble wrap each record, and place each one, (one to a box) in LP mailers, and then get a U haul filled with air pockets, and styrophome peanuts and a temperture control gauge. That should prevent seam splits warpage etc.

Seriously though. I have never had an issue with vinyl while touring. The only thing is the polybags or shrinkwrap will stick to each other sometimes, but the jackets and records have always been fine. But yeah, store upright!, and keep them packed tightly in a sealed box.