ebay: PIGEON RELIGION Dead Boss 7" destruction unit Ascetic House youth attack oop kbd

chromepeelerrec

The auction is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIGEON-RELIGION-Dead-Boss-7-destruction-unit-Ascetic-House-youth-attack-oop-kbd-/291540495287?hash=item43e12aebb7

Pigeon Religion 
"Dead Boss" 7" 
(Gilgongo)

Dead Boss? That's the title of this totally bizarre 3 track 7" by Pigeon Religion. Phil says it sounds like Pixies, well it certainly may well be influenced by them but this is a lot messier, like more DIY slacker punk. I really like the slurred whoa-whoa-ing, the rattly drums & the looming bass but not as much as I like the nihilistic sheets of ragged, scrawly guitar. Phil says the second song is 'Buttholesey', it's less insistent than 'Dead Boss' but has an equally deranged & misanthropic attitood rising from its stumbling, barbed aesthetic, it really reminds me of Terminal Cheesecake actually who were a pretty nuts bunch of individuals from London about 20 years ago. The last track is a stupid grumbling gutter squall with cool juvenile vocals that remind me of some old classic US hardcore band. A quality single, old-skool rules once more!!

-SIDE A-
1. Dead Boss 
2. Henderson 
-SIDE B-
1. Huge Bummer

-BRAND NEW CONDITION, NEVER BEEN PLAYED

I will ship outside the USA but additional postage will be required.

Proceeds of this auction go towards funding future releases on Chrome Peeler Records.