NewtoVC: To Be Eaten,Secret Mommy,Year of No Light

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

TO BE EATEN "In The Clearing" LP yellow/black vinyl

YEAR OF NO LIGHT "Nord" dbl LP

SECRET MOMMY "Mammal Class" LP

SECRET MOMMY "Very Rec" LP

Got in a few new titles the other day including a brand new release from To Be Eaten from a great local label, Ash from Sweat. The label describes the new To Be Eaten as, "Awesome shreddin' metal that runs the gamut between punk/hc, death metal and grind. The band pulled out all the stops this time, with an offering that is heavier, faster and more technical than their debut." Might be up some of your alleys.

We also realized that last time we got in some of the Ache Records' catalog, we never listed these Secret Mommy titles. I can't say that I am very familiar, but I do like a number of the records on Ache. Is it good? Let me know.

Year of No Light is a new vinyl release from Crucial Blast who describe "Nord" as, "Year Of No Light bring an amazing set of songwriting chops to the 10 songs that make up 'Nord', a heavy, chugging metallic monster that channels both gloomy atmospherics reminiscent of The Cure, and crushing Neurosis-inspired dirgecore, heavy, raw, and lumbering, but at times extremely beautiful and epic."