PO: Sally Shapiro - If You Ever Wanna Change Your Mind (Limited 7")

sally shapiro will be no more. from facebook: "As some of you have already read - and we are moved by your reactions - we have decided to let our new single be our final single. We are moving into different musical directions and we don't want to bore you with music made for any other reason than a commonly shared inspiration and love for the music. We want to thank you all for your support through the years."

White vinyl 7" single with download code including bonus remixes. http://shop.fikarecordings.com/album/if-you-ever-wanna-change-your-mind

0007389283_10.jpg

Sally Shapiro is known for her shyness: she does not reveal her real name, will not even let Johan into the studio when she sings, and has never performed her songs live. After a handful of DJ dates in 2008, she decided to never ever stand on stage again. However, the duo released two more studio albums, My Guilty Pleasure in 2009 and Somewhere Else in 2013. 
Apart from a collaboration single with Tommy '86 - Why Did I Say Goodbye - and a few appearances on Johan's solo album Notes in 2015, Sally Shapiro has been silent since the last album. The new two-track single is scheduled for a release on the 10th anniversary of I'll Be By Your Side - May 12th. 

The A-side, If You Ever Wanna Change Your Mind, was co-written by longtime collaborator Roger Gunnarsson and co-produced by Mitch Murder (Kung Fury OST). The B-side, Dangerous, is an acoustic interpretation of the David Guetta hit, with guitar played by Johan's cousin, Jonas Agebjörn. 

The digital editions of the single come with two remixes by French synthwave artist Tommy '86 as well as UK nu-disco producer Ben Macklin.
released May 12, 2016 

Co-produced by Mitch Murder. 

Mastered by Scott Craggs at Old Colony Mastering. 
Photography by Torsten Feig. 
Graphic design by Mathias Schuckert.

5 minutes ago, GalacticMelt said:

Sad to hear this will be the last Sally Shapiro release. I have enjoyed all of the music. Great Italio-Disco, so much better than anything I've heard from the genre ever. Godspeed.

you think so much better than Chromatics, Glass Candy, and other Italians Do It Better artists?

edit: i'd put Sally Shapiro right up there with them.

Edited by WAXXX

4 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

you think so much better than Chromatics, Glass Candy, and other Italians Do It Better artists?

edit: i'd put Sally Shapiro right up there with them.

I love those others you mentioned too. Something about Sally though just takes it a step higher. Hopefully she'll surface on other projects at some point.