PO: Hiss Golden Messenger "Heart Like A Leevee"

http://www.mergerecords.com/hiss-golden-messenger-heart-like-a-levee

Deluxe LPs include a second album, Vestapol, with full art and a 12” x 24” poster. Limited to 2,000 copies worldwide.

Composed during the same period of time as Heart Like a Levee, Vestapol is an intimate collection of eight previously unreleased songs—performed and recorded almost entirely by M.C. Taylor in various motels on the road and at his home in Durham, NC—dealing with exile, guilt, forgiveness, and trust.

The first 150 preorders will receive a poster signed by M.C. Taylor. Preorders will ship to arrive on or around the release date of October 7.

Band is fucking amazing.

I'm going out on the road with them as their tour manager in the fall. Dates are coming very soon, but it starts on 10/14 and will go through mid-November. Leg 2 will start after the new year. 10/23 in LA w/ Bon Iver and Patti Smith is the only announced date so far.

Ordered the deluxe vinyl immediately to get the bonus LP, but they sent me the files for Heart Like A Levee and it is a really beautiful album. Can't wait to hear it on wax. If you liked Lateness (shit, if you have liked ANY Hiss records), you will enjoy this one. Probably the best one yet.

• 1 month later...