Bad Religion - Back To The Known Q

Hey....

I have been wondering for quite some time now, but never actually trying to find out.... I own to different copies of Bad Religions 12" "Back To The Known"...

I do not have a picture of them now, but I'll try to explain the difference as it is quite noticeable:

I own a copy where the center-labels on the record are grey.

Then I own another copy where the center-labels are red.

Is one of these a forgery ? or is it just different pressings?

Regards

-Rune, Denmark.

I believe there's a copy of the album that's a European bootleg but I'm not an expert. Do the covers of the records look any different?

Sammy here is thinking of "into the unknown", which has a distinct American Press and a German Bootleg Press.

What you're after however is 'Back to the Known' which was released after ITU. There are at least two different pressings that I know of. I am honestly not sure which one is which (as far as country goes) but I'm pretty sure one is an American press and the other was pressed in the UK.

The covers are both the same:

[image]

As well as the back cover:

[image]

But I believe there IS a distinction on the back of the cover that sets the two apart:

[image]

I only have the one copy right now, so havent been able to directly compare the two different ones side by side, but mine has the silver labels:

[image]

and this is what the other press looks like:

[image]

i dont know where you got that info, but the only 'well documented' BR stuff, especially early stuff, is the first ep, and into the unknown. Basically everything else is completely unknown. I've e-mailed epitaph several times over the last 8 or so years and no one knows a clue about any pressing info, and they are way to busy promoting all of their new shit bands to dig through invoices and such to find out how many copies of a record they ordered back in the day etc...

I believe there's a copy of the album that's a European bootleg but I'm not an expert. Do the covers of the records look any different?

Sammy here is thinking of "into the unknown", which has a distinct American Press and a German Bootleg Press.

I totally was and just realized it now too. Thanks for picking me up on that one.