New Needle Installed / Cartridge Sitting Too Low Now? (Pic Included)

After ditching the idea of purchasing a whole new record player, I decided to treat myself to a new needle instead given how well my Project Debut III has treated me these past 10 years... I decided to upgrade the needle from a previously installed Ortofon OM20 to an Ortofon OM30... same cartridge I've been using and everything, so the switch out was incredibly easy... However, I've noticed since my upgrade, the cartridge appears to be sitting a lot lower than when I had my OM20 installed... I've recalibrated the tone arm several times and have the tracking set at 1.5 grams which is Ortofon's preferred setting for this needle... Does this look normal? Is the cartridge sitting lower because of the OM30 having a finer needle? I believe tracking force for the OM series is between 1.2 - 1.75 grams so I could always toggle that and see if it makes a difference, but have read I might be sacrificing sound quality if doing so, which kinda defeats the purpose of spending $300 on my replacement. Just looking for any input or if I may have received a bunk product... Thanks!

spacer.png

Edited by lungfutang