taking care of Vinyl on Tour

I now someone made a thread about this earlier, about taking care of vinyl that your band is taking on tour...i searched and scowered and couldnt find it anywhere. Sorry if thats annoying

Anyway, my question is a little different and has a couple layers...I'm going on tour for the next three months and hope to do some record shopping...especially while we are in Europe. Does anyone have any advice or tricks of how to not warp or fucking on vinyl while keeping them in a hot van for a long time? The first time we went on tour I taped my plastic bag that had all my vinyl in it to the ceiling of our van to keep it out of the sunlight, but i'm not sure how pumped the bands I am going with will be about me doing that to their van.

Also, any tricks about getting vinyl back across seas? My backpack is too small for LPs, so i was thinking of sticking a mailer or two in my carry on bag and putting them in there, etc etc.

Any other interesting ideas or stories would be awesome.

- Z

Guest kevinb

id agree with dude above me get one of those dj flight cases i think they hold like 45-50 lp's?

i could be wrong.. and just take it in the venue when ya go...

I know a guy who transported a bunch of LPs by placing them in one of those picknick cooler boxes that you can hook up to the cigarette lighter plug in your car. It was one of those boxes that can hold these big 1,5l-2l bottles. He didn't have to plug it in though. The isolation of the box was good enough.

Guest kevinb
I know a guy who transported a bunch of LPs by placing them in one of those picknick cooler boxes that you can hook up to the cigarette lighter plug in your car. It was one of those boxes that can hold these big 1,5l-2l bottles. He didn't have to plug it in though. The isolation of the box was good enough.

damn that is a good idea i never thought of that