anyone have/use a korg kaoss pad

i really dont know too much about them which is why i was asking

but my friend who was a dj used to hook it up to his stereo

and you would just touch it certain ways on the pad and it would like

loop/mix the song, it sounded super badass, but wana know more

about how it works

I have a koassilator which is a pocket kaoss synth pad. you can not input sounds and modify them but you can create your own music and loop it / modify it and send it out. does that make sense? the kaoss pad / mini kp takes audio you put in it and let's you modify and add effects to it. so if you put in a guitar sound, you could add echo and flange ect. if I was you, I would go on musicians friend and get the kaossilator / mini KP bundle so you can just feed the kaossilator into the mini KP and do complex stuff. does that make sense? if it doesn't I'll explain it better lol.

edit: pretty sure the mini kp is what the dude from muse put into his guitar to control effects and stuff. edit2: it's probably the full size kaoss since it lights up and looks better

I have a koassilator which is a pocket kaoss synth pad. you can not input sounds and modify them but you can create your own music and loop it / modify it and send it out. does that make sense? the kaoss pad / mini kp takes audio you put in it and let's you modify and add effects to it. so if you put in a guitar sound, you could add echo and flange ect. if I was you, I would go on musicians friend and get the kaossilator / mini KP bundle so you can just feed the kaossilator into the mini KP and do complex stuff. does that make sense? if it doesn't I'll explain it better lol.

edit: pretty sure the mini kp is what the dude from muse put into his guitar to control effects and stuff. edit2: it's probably the full size kaoss since it lights up and looks better

hey man thanks alot

i may pm you if i have any questions if thats ok

Yeah, the Kaoss pad is an fx processor with a touch pad that can modulate/manipulate an audio signal (turntable/cd player, guitar, microphone, etc.) based on which effect is selected. Turn a knob to a flange, and you control the flange (or at least one of it's parameters) via the touchpad...same with delay and sampling etc. A friend of mine bought a Numark DJ mixer that had a built in Kaoss pad, which is where my experience with it comes from. They are fun little gadgets to say the least.

"For those poor souls unacquainted with the essential features of the Korg Kaoss pad, it's basically a two-dimensional ribbon controller which enables tactile pressure placed on a plastic surface to modulate and effect an incoming stereo signal. The pad is divided into four quadrants with tasteful, coloured back-lighting. Each quadrant is evenly placed around the X-Y axis of a cross. By applying finger pressure into different axis lines on the pad, individual or groups of parameters can be varied - simple but bloody effective."

The Kaossilator is an audio generator that works on the touchpad principle, but more like an instrument as opposed to a fx processor. I can't believe I didn't think about combining the two, but I guess at that point I would want to play with an analog synthesizer to get all the weird sounds I hear in my head with more room to make it sound even stranger. Heed the advice of playing with one at Guitar Center, and if you like it enough take it home. If you get sick of it within 30 days, or just get your fill, take it back.