WANTED! 60's era Garage\Psych Rock

thebunk

This is probably a bit of a stretch but oh well, here it goes . . .

So I am just now getting into Garage Rock after getting the two Nuggets Box Sets on CD and would like to start collecting some of the stuff on vinyl. I know a lot of it is really rare while some of it not so much. With that said, I am not looking for the rare expensive stuff as I do not have the cash for it.

I am primarily looking for LPs though I am interested in 45s that were issued as singles and were not included on any LPs.

Some examples of artists I am interested in/looking for are: The Seeds, The Creation, Them, The Small Faces, The Barbarians, The Knickerbockers, The Turtles, The Remains, The 13th Floor Elevators, The Vagrants, The Mouse and the Traps, The Standells, etc.

I am new to the genre so if you have essentially any artist from the Nuggets box sets or stuff that you have that fits in this genre, please post or PM me.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Hey there, I also made a post like this awhile back looking for 45's for r'n'r dance parties. No go. Nothing.

That 1st nuggets box set is just fuckin awesome, no collection is complete without it.

You might want to check out the Bomp! store. www.bomp.com. They carry a lot of comp LPs with tracks from this era.

I also am taking offers on my collection, I know I have a 13th floor elevators LP and a P.R. and the Raiders LP in there, might be a 45 or 2 from some of these bands too.

I do have a copy of the Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th floor elevators lp (red vinyl on Get Back) that I'm willing to sell.

I got into the garage stuff just like you, it was a little hard at first to find stuff and I made a lot of bad purchases. Here's some suggestions of good albums. After a while, you'll probably figure out that with garage and psych, there are a lot of really good songs by bands that have shitty albums.

I think these albums are good more or less all the way through:

The Seeds-s/t, and Web of Sound

13th Floor Elevators-Psychedelic sounds, and Easter Everywhere

Shadows of Knight-Gloria, and Back Door Men

Paul Revere and the Raiders-Midnight Ride

The Music Machine-Turn On

also, you should check out some comps, there are a lot of good ones out there, especially the garage punk unknowns series on Crypt Records, and I like the Friday Night at the Hideout LP on Norton Records.

Two bands I love, are the Electric Prunes, and the Chocolate Watchband, but I wouldn't really recommend getting it on vinyl. You can still get the Prunes albums on vinyl reissues, but there are really only half good with a bunch of filler. I'd recommend getting the Lost Dreams CD and the Live in Stockholm '67 cd (you really have to here this!). The Watchband has a 2-disc discography that is awesome. You might be able to find boots of the original LPs, but the originals themselves cost $$$.

You can also get some vinyl at sundazed.com, forcedexposure.com, and through the Norton Records paper catalog (they still don't have much online)

check out sundazed music http://www.sundazed.com/...I actually just picked up some stuff from them recently including the Standells 'live ones' 10" and a Remains LP...they're reissuing a lot of great stuff.

also, try and check out the "Back From the Grave" collections. I'm not sure how many volumes there were but I've got seven of them on lp. It's just packed with some rad 60's garage rock--most of the stuff is a lot rougher and tougher than the song on Nuggets.

I do have a copy of the Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th floor elevators lp (red vinyl on Get Back) that I'm willing to sell.

I got into the garage stuff just like you, it was a little hard at first to find stuff and I made a lot of bad purchases. Here's some suggestions of good albums. After a while, you'll probably figure out that with garage and psych, there are a lot of really good songs by bands that have shitty albums.

also, you should check out some comps, there are a lot of good ones out there, especially the garage punk unknowns series on Crypt Records, and I like the Friday Night at the Hideout LP on Norton Records.

Two bands I love, are the Electric Prunes, and the Chocolate Watchband, but I wouldn't really recommend getting it on vinyl. You can still get the Prunes albums on vinyl reissues, but there are really only half good with a bunch of filler. I'd recommend getting the Lost Dreams CD and the Live in Stockholm '67 cd (you really have to here this!). The Watchband has a 2-disc discography that is awesome. You might be able to find boots of the original LPs, but the originals themselves cost $$$.

You can also get some vinyl at sundazed.com, forcedexposure.com, and through the Norton Records paper catalog (they still don't have much online)

How much for the 13th Floor Elevators shipped to Canada?

Also what type of condition is the vinyl and jacket it in?

Thanks!

don't have anything for sale but here are some essential garage rock/rock n roll album to get

the first two Sonics records (Here Are... and Boom!)

The Wailers - Out of Our Tree

Scream Loud: The Fenton Story

GS I Love You Volume 1 and V olume 2 (Japanese 60's garage bands)

The Monks - Black Monk Time

The Loved Ones (not the cool US punk rock band but the cooler Australian garage rock band) - either The Magic Box LP or just this e.p. (which is really their best stuff)

as for psych rock stuff...

The Electric Prunes - Too Much to Dream (this is really all the Electric Prunes you need. although I think Mass in F Minor is cool psych rock record)

The United States of America

How much for the 13th Floor Elevators shipped to Canada?

Also what type of condition is the vinyl and jacket it in?

Thanks!

pm'd