wow! (fake problems/cobra skulls content)

Both venues are next door to eachother.. but we're banned from rock bottom, so I'll be at The Warhol. ;D

Haha, how'd you get banned?

It's quite the story. my friend wrote about it here..

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=68981170&blogID=429288643

So yesterday we had 2 shows, one at Jack's Patio Bar and another at Rock Bottom. Jack's went okay, kind of whatever, the P.A. dude was kind of a dick but thats pretty norm for P.A. guys. Then we went to Rock Bottom cause we were suppose to play at 6:30 which come to find out we weren't playing until 10:30...which is cool with us. So we tail gated for about 4 hours and we met this band called Down Syndrome. This band is full of some down ass youngta's that play a bunch Screeching Weasel...Queers inspired type of music. It is so awesome to see young bands rocking there shit and standing up for it, its a rarity these days. Any way, hours gone by being bored as fuck listening to Joe Lee's drunken rants and trying our best to ignore the emo-core bullshit torturing our ear drums we decide to try and go mosh. We get in there acting a fool when some punk mother fucker punched me in the face and i look up and he is mean mugging hard. I thought to myself "ah, whatever, it happens", until his buddy punched me in the face too wearing a mean mug. So i tell Pepe and Joe "Hey these two balled poseur cock grippers are throwing punches to the face". The song ends with a few seconds until the next, so us and some dudes from Down syndrome link our arms on each others shoulders and rushed that bitch as soon as the song started. Out of nowhere they start wailing on one of the Down Syndrome dudes(and of course it had to be the one not hardly moshing, doing the least of shit) when about 15 of us just start throwing down. They tried to kick the Down Syndrome dude out but i managed to correct the mistake and get the real terrorists out of the building. So already...this night is the fucking shiznit! So i guess the guitarist Stevie Nix from The Briefs was there with his new band and we had gave him a cd earlier on. Right before we were going to play i let him know to check us out...little did we know what would happen. We got set up when i hear "What the fuck is Pepe doing?", i turn around and he is taking a piss behind the building like any normal mexican, but then i hear "Ohhh shit!", i turn back and Chris A.K.A. Warhol, Rock Bottom and White Rabbit booker A.K.A. Charles Manson is walking over. So he gets pissed and tells him he is out and has the nerve to tell us we can still play...but with out him. I dont know about you, but homeboys are homeboys, and taking a piss outside is a pety thing to kick someone out for. So we packed up our shit all the while letting this guys know this. There is a punk rock scene here in San Antonio. It's Down (di di di) Syndrome, its Plan B Pursuit, The Typicals, all the people that fought and fight for what the believe in, most importantly its the music. All this guy wants to do is make some cash, he wants to be part of something...and fuck it all up. Why are all the good people and good bands left to struggle?. You need to make music that the cheerleaders and jocks (that back in the day would pick fights with us), yeah, you gotta make something they would like. Fuck this, parents please do me the favor and be asshole's again, get pissed when your kids dye there hair and get a tattoo, But this...this just gives us even more of a reason to fight. What happened punk rock? What happened venue's and promoters? Did you hit ROCK BOTTOM of the Barrel? We will press on and i hope that whoever reads this takes from this and uses this as advice to always stand your ground for what you believe in, wether it be punk rock or not! Fat Mike said it...when did punk rock become so safe?...When did the scene become a joke?

-Banks (Good Tippers)