my old radio show airs last show tonight

Hey everybody,

my old radio show(Underground Communique Radio) will be airing it's final show tonight from 11pm-2am. You can hear it if you're in Chicago on 88.7fm or via the stream at www.wluw.org

The show was started in mid-September 1998 originally as the Government Music Radio show on WLUW (Loyola University's radio station).

I started doing the show in 1999, changed the name to Underground Communique, and ran it through 2005. In my time doing the show we started having bands play sometime in 2000, the first band we had play live was Arma Angelus(famous now because it was Pete Wentz's hardcore band) but we ended up having over 110 live bands in from everyone from the Honor System to Heads vs. Breakers to Rise Against to Fall Out Boy to Solea to Shot Baker to the infamous Kill Your Idols vs. Modern Life is War night, somewhat documented by the split 7" on Lifeline Records.

The radio show was a catalyst for me to begin both record labels(Government Music & Underground Communique, really creative, huh?) I have run over the years. To this day, it influences the label, for instance I wouldn't know Duncan from Thieves and Assassins(who played 3 times), so I wouldn't have known about Capital starting up, which means I probably wouldn't be putting out their records.

Or the night that the Methadones came down for an interview and talking about how they needed a drummer, only to get Mike Soucy's number from the band that played that night, which incidentally had a guy who was in Generation Waste...one of Dan Vapid's old 80's punk rock bands...and Soucy has been in the band ever since...the radio show is a minor foot note in a lot of aspects of a lot of cool things that went on in Chicago.

The station was sold to WBEZ a few years ago, the Chicago NPR affiliate, and was sold back to the school a year or so ago, and this is the product of the school, eliminating all the existing shows, a lot, like my show, have been running for at or over a decade.

So this is definitely an end of an era.

I'll be there Co-DJing with John and Chris, who've run the show since I retired. Tune in, if you can we'll probably tell a lot of fun stories and spin some great songs.

thanks.