Another one of those irritating 'how much' threads

If by small run you mean 100 copies, you're looking at about $7-8 per copy cost.

It goes down the more you press. You absolutely could not have the cost be below $5 unless you pressed 300 or more.

Ah. Forgot to mention the size. I was thinking about 300 pieces. You're saying about $1500?

Oh for 300 records? Nah, not that much. If you use United you're probably looking at like $700 for the records themselves. They DID just have a special that ended on September 1st that I used. 300 records on mixed vinyl, 1 color labels, including ALL plating/mastering/etc. shipped for $559. I think normally it's probably closer to $700 for that deal, given the 12% surcharge they just added in this week.

ALL of the costs in 7"s are in the mastering/plating/setup/labels. The actual records themselves are like 40 cents each. Therefore, the more you press, the cheaper it is.

As far as jackets go, check out Imprint. They'll be the cheapest for sure. www.iloveimprint.com. You can check prices on their site.

Aardvark mastering- $257 (for 7")

Bill Smith:

Test Pressings- $60

Set Up Charge- $50

Blank Labels (300)- $24

Black Vinyl- $240

Color Vinyl- $270+

plus shipping.

supplies will cost you about $200+/- , including paper, ink, screens, grief, etc.

other plants will cost you about the same, with slightly different specifics. I like Bill Smith.

I've been crunching numbers on a 'private' pressing of 7", 100 copies.

I figured it could be done (with silkscreened covers and stamped labels) for $6 each. That's not too bad, and I'm not gonna try and make money with that one.

lots about vinyl is pretty silly.

but only printing 100 labels is a waste, because they really are printing 1000 and keeping/throwing away the other 900.

I like getting a few stamps made for fifteen bucks or so.