TP/PO: The TAKERS "Curse of a Drunk" 7" / MP3

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

TAKERS "Curse of a Drunk" 7" black vinyl

TAKERS "Curse of a Drunk" 7" silver vinyl

TAKERS "Curse of a Drunk" 7" set of both colors

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=sh101

We are excited to introduce you to an amazing new band called the Takers http://www.myspace.com/thetakershonkytonk. The Takers reside in Gainesville, Florida, and along with Whiskey and Company and the Enablers are part of a thriving, developing Alt-Country/Americana hotspot. I first found out about this band through Ninja Gun and later found out that John from Whiskey and Co who runs Barracuda Sound also plays in the Takers.

Although not yet an official Suburban Home artist, I proclaim them Suburban Home's Outlaw Country band. If you had a time machine and could send the Takers back 30 years, their band would have fit in perfectly sharing a bill with Willie and Waylon. I will be meeting and seeing them for the first time at this year's Fest (they are playing with Drag the River, Two Cow Garage, Austin Lucas, and Josh Small) and if all goes as I am sure it will, they will be Suburban Home's newest band.

This debut single features the A-side, "Curse of a Drunk", a Takers' tune with a theme I'm sure you can figure out. The B-side finds the Takers playing a rocking rendition of Neil Young's "Powderfinger". Both songs smoke and provide a nice sample of things to expect.

Download "Curse of a Drunk", get familiar with it, and expect many more great tunes to follow. [image]

If you are a fan of Drag the River, Tim Barry, Lucero, Willie Nelson, and/or Waylon Jennings, I highly recommend you give the Takers a listen. They also contribute a really great track on our Delicious Vinyl compilation LP.

Pressing info:

150 on Black vinyl

350 on Silver vinyl

Because we are giving the band a hundred copies and taking some down to the Fest, we only have 200 copies for sale. Will it sell out? It might not super quickly, but it should. These guys are one of the greatest new bands we have come across. Go see them at the Fest!

Has anyone else had trouble downloading these tracks?

I picked this up at the fest, and haven't been able to get the download card to work.

try in a little bit. I guess either vinyl downloads lost the tracks or we forgot to send them to them. I would expect it to be good in an hour or two. sorry about the trouble.