The Greatest Story Ever Told is...

hickey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got into the Lawrence Arms about a year or so ago and went nuts over all their material.

I agree on the fact that there is so much thought into it. It's a fucking deep record.

I have always said I wanted at least half-sleeves some point in life, but I'm extremely picky and could never decide on a tattoo. Is it weird that I am pretty set on getting the flying hourglass at some point even though I've only listened to these guys for a year or so?

if that band means a lot to you, it shouldn't matter. if you think it's cool then go for it!!

and does the hourglass logo have a name?

I only got into the Lawrence Arms about a year or so ago and went nuts over all their material.

I agree on the fact that there is so much thought into it. It's a fucking deep record.

I have always said I wanted at least half-sleeves some point in life, but I'm extremely picky and could never decide on a tattoo. Is it weird that I am pretty set on getting the flying hourglass at some point even though I've only listened to these guys for a year or so?

if that band means a lot to you, it shouldn't matter. if you think it's cool then go for it!!

i dont think it has a name, but im pretty sure it stands for the phrase "time flies"

definitely my favorite album by the larry arms. although apathy & exhaustion has some of my favorite songs (your gravest words, brick wall views, right as rain)

yes yes yes! those 3 songs are so good.

I used to like Apathy best and then Calcutta!...but these days I just can't choose between any of their records because they are all really special to me in their own way.

The amount of thought that they put into this album is fucking unbelievable. There's one particular riff that is in every single song.

brendan uses one riff in every song ever, but its my favorite riff so i don't care. for anyone wondering, its the dammit, journey to the end..., unicorn oddessy, etc. a million bands use the riff, but i don't think anyone uses it as much as brendan. he uses another one too, but i can't pick any songs off the top of my head that they use it in but they use it a lot. its the same riff that knowledge - gnat is and a 10foot pole song about marrying a 13 year old in new mexico.

i dont think it has a name, but im pretty sure it stands for the phrase "time flies"

thats what i was thinking, cuz i heard it to referred as that before.

The amount of thought that they put into this album is fucking unbelievable. There's one particular riff that is in every single song.

brendan uses one riff in every song ever, but its my favorite riff so i don't care. for anyone wondering, its the dammit, journey to the end..., unicorn oddessy, etc. a million bands use the riff, but i don't think anyone uses it as much as brendan. he uses another one too, but i can't pick any songs off the top of my head that they use it in but they use it a lot. its the same riff that knowledge - gnat is and a 10foot pole song on the smfsp comp and tons of other songs.

thats not quite what i meant.

go watch the interview thats up on nationalunderground.org

he talks about it there. i wish we kept the cameras rolling though because he went way in depth about the backstory of the album after we finished the interview.

im sorry, i just cannot get into this band, lord knows ive tried. come to think of it, i feel like theres only 2 alk3 songs i can sit through. id rather just listen to rufio.

RUFIO!?! i don't normally get on people over their tastes, but RUFIO over lawrence arms, or even the trio!?

brendan uses one riff in every song ever, but its my favorite riff so i don't care. for anyone wondering, its the dammit, journey to the end..., unicorn oddessy, etc. a million bands use the riff, but i don't think anyone uses it as much as brendan. he uses another one too, but i can't pick any songs off the top of my head that they use it in but they use it a lot. its the same riff that knowledge - gnat is and a 10foot pole song on the smfsp comp and tons of other songs.

he talks about it there. i wish we kept the cameras rolling though because he went way in depth about the backstory of the album after we finished the interview.

ken, where is the interview on NU? i can't find it

edit: nevermind i found it!

thanks for that link!

ken, where is the interview on NU? i can't find it

edit: nevermind i found it!

http://www.nationalunderground.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=9

brendan uses one riff in every song ever, but its my favorite riff so i don't care. for anyone wondering, its the dammit, journey to the end..., unicorn oddessy, etc. a million bands use the riff, but i don't think anyone uses it as much as brendan. he uses another one too, but i can't pick any songs off the top of my head that they use it in but they use it a lot. its the same riff that knowledge - gnat is and a 10foot pole song about marrying a 13 year old in new mexico.

ah okay, but you still gotta agree on what i said. i'm surprised not everyone has noticed it though.

hahahaha i love how he has 6 beers sitting in front of him.

haha, the whole idea of the contest is that you would win a case of beer and get to interview him. but the kid is underage and couldnt drink!

which was great cause we drank it ourselves.

ah okay, but you still gotta agree on what i said. i'm surprised not everyone has noticed it though.

The majority of their songs are the same 4 chords, but who needs more when you can rock them as good as the larry arms?!

im sorry, i just cannot get into this band, lord knows ive tried. come to think of it, i feel like theres only 2 alk3 songs i can sit through. id rather just listen to rufio.

RUFIO!?! i don't normally get on people over their tastes, but RUFIO over lawrence arms, or even the trio!?

yeah i dunno, the trio's early stuff which is good, relyed too much on the same ideas (some girl broke my heart, im gonna drink or a combo of the both) and now, they are just meh. ive stated that i think they just rewrite the same song over and over.

and i dunno as far as the larry arms goes, ive just never been able to really get into it. im much more into a band like rufio or early ataris. hell im a HUGE MxPx fan. but thats the kinda poppy-punk i dig.

yeah i dunno, the trio's early stuff which is good, relyed too much on the same ideas (some girl broke my heart, im gonna drink or a combo of the both) and now, they are just meh. ive stated that i think they just rewrite the same song over and over.

and i dunno as far as the larry arms goes, ive just never been able to really get into it. im much more into a band like rufio or early ataris. hell im a HUGE MxPx fan. but thats the kinda poppy-punk i dig.

haha, ok. fair enough.

haha, ok. fair enough.

I guess, even if he's off his fucking rocker about the Trio. :)

nothing's wrong with blue skies/end is forever era ataris. kris roe really was writing some great pop/punk between those albums.

nothing's wrong with blue skies/end is forever era ataris. kris roe really was writing some great pop/punk between those albums.

that's true. apparently the new ataris album is supposed to be in the vein of blue skies. we'll see how that ends up though.

that's true. apparently the new ataris album is supposed to be in the vein of blue skies. we'll see how that ends up though.

ugh, that last one was intolerable, i have very low hopes.