Photos of VC notebooks (MTB,KK,RS,TLA)

Guest admin1338560633

Virgil, do you think you will make more of these out of unplayable records in the future, these look awesome.

most definitely. This was an experiment and now we have a use for our warped/damaged vinyl. We won't have any more this year, but we will have more in 2009.

those of you curious how we did it, we didn't research the best way to do it, brandon just winged it. He purchased a hot knife that melts as it cuts and that made a lot of difference in making the cuts. There is a lot of work that goes into each one.

and how did you bind it? did you keep the hard binding and cut off the top and replaced it with the vinyl, or..?

thats what throws me off more than the cutting itself

edit: maybe i'll just glue the record on top of the cover..

hot knife! brilliant! i'm about to go pick one up right now from the hardware store.

faith im gonna play around with connecting it and let you know how it went for me and what works best. im assuming i'm just going to cut away the rest of the tape on the front side and just tape it on using it on both sides.

seeing as im being a horrible person and using a good piece of vinyl for this, im also going to modify the jacket itself to hold the notebook, as well as use the insert to decorate the inside of the back cover. while also using the left over vinyl to put in the shape of a heart on the back cover. im so excited to do this!

ok guys

i was walking by urban outfitters recently and saw these in the window(of course not VC ones). It appears it's just a normal notebook with a record cover. one thing to note...i went through the pile looking at the records and a lot of them were scratched and even cracked(imagine putting a piece of vinyl in your bag and walking around with it).

please note: the corners should be rounded!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't they will be pretty sharp and break off(at least HALF of the books i saw in urban outfitters were shattered around the edges)

also just saw this in their online store looking for their version of the notebooks

even though i hate the store pretty cool looking frame

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=15874852&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=01