New Found Glory - "Tip of the Iceberg" 7"

Guest abravemorning

"second post-major label release"? Are they free agents now or something? I actually really liked Coming Home as a straight-up pop rock record. I wish it had been pressed on vinyl.

best post so far. definitely agree. B9 and NFG together is a great thing, especially since so many hardcore kids grew up with NFG and still respect them to this day. B9 recently put out records by Crime In Stereo and Ambitions, neither of which are 'tough guy' hardcore. they'll do fine.

I don't see any of B9's regular customers buying this.

You'd be surprised. NFG is one of those bands that the B9 crowd seems to embrace (Saves the Day, the Movielife and the Get Up Kids also receive high praise from their msg. board community).

This 7" will sell real well, real quick.

I just checked out the B9 board. I was suprised at the overwhelming positive attitude toward this release. Good for NFG.

Pretty sure I read an article somewhere, where chad or the guitar player said the songs on tis ep going to sound like the intro track to catalyst.

I am gitty about this. ;D;D;D;D

That intro track was not only the best song on that album, but the best song they've come out with in years. Hearing that made me sooo excited for what was to come on that album and then the next track was called "All downhill from here" and it was more than just a clever name.

Also, they should get James Dewees back in the band.

Also, they should get James Dewees back in the band.

James was a cokehead when he was in NFG. They kicked him out before they recorded Coming Home because he couldn't get his shit together.

Thats what I heard, too. :(

But, from what I heard last, he's cleaned up now.

Just knowing he's out there, dressed as a gothic bellboy, playing in "the black parade"....It gives me that same feeling as when I see those bears on TV that they whip and make dance in foreign countries.