New Orleans record stores?

There's one on magazine street, sort of in the garden district. I think it's still there. A lot of the good ones went bye bye after Katrina. Magic Bus was an awesome store in the French Quarter. It survived the hurricane, but I talked to the guy that ran it and he said so many people in the city lost their record collections in the hurricane that no one was buying. The ones that did get out with their stuff never came back. He moved his whole operation to Austin and runs it out of his house or something. I haven't been down there since the hurricane but this dude told me the record store scene is over.

There is the Iron Rail (http://ironrail.org/) in the Marigny just outside of the quarter. It has a lot of metal/hardcore/punk stuff.

There is also Domino Record Shack which is a good store for punk/rap/and a lot of other genres. It's in Mid-City though near the race track at 2557 Bayou Rd.

There is Peaches on Decatur. I've never been but I know it's a good source for hip hop. It used to be in the hood and then they bought the old Tower record store.

If you want to look through a bunch of overpriced thrift store worthy records, you can check out Jim Russell's Rare Records on Magazine. The place is huge but I've never found much in there.

That's really it.

There is the Iron Rail (http://ironrail.org/) in the Marigny just outside of the quarter. It has a lot of metal/hardcore/punk stuff.

There is also Domino Record Shack which is a good store for punk/rap/and a lot of other genres. It's in Mid-City though near the race track at 2557 Bayou Rd.

There is Peaches on Decatur. I've never been but I know it's a good source for hip hop. It used to be in the hood and then they bought the old Tower record store.

If you want to look through a bunch of overpriced thrift store worthy records, you can check out Jim Russell's Rare Records on Magazine. The place is huge but I've never found much in there.

That's really it.

What's the name of the place on Magazine Street that sells all the candles and shirts and crap, but also has a decent selection of records? It's about half way to Whole Foods, coming from Canal.