I'm Sorry I'm Leaving Color Question. . .

chaps

I just bought this, it did not come with the butterfly. Anyway I was looking up some stuff on DF and looked at the picture with all the different colors and realized mine was not completely white. And looked more like the one in the middle of the picture with a little black in it. Looks like there is some black in mine. White /395 or White With Black Transition Variant / 5? Also etched on the record it self says kill-10-S-2 as well as "will call with this"

[image]

[image]

Guest scriptedrain

The white vinyl releases I have typically have little marks in it like that (New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones stands out in my mind). I don't know which one you have either way, just wanted to point that out.

Maybe you just scored big?

Ha I'm just so excited to finally have this on vinyl. But I'm not getting my hopes up . .

The white vinyl releases I have typically have little marks in it like that (New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones stands out in my mind). I don't know which one you have either way, just wanted to point that out.

Thats what I was thinking. I mean my loved ones is on green but has a few black steaks. But then i looked at the DF picture and there are 3 white ones on there. 2 looking all white. Then one in the center with a 2 little black streaks. . .

i think my underoath - they're only chasing safety is like that too. could this be caused by changing of colors during the press run?

if so, i would say you got one of the 5, but im not sure. if so, nice score

no the transition ones have some serious black in them

alright, i wasnt sure how it worked. I remember reading something regarding Loveteller by the Get Up Kids in Ben's second Vinyl File that described something like this.

Most of the 210 copies were printed on solid orange vinyl. However, ten of them were variants that ranged from swirly black to orange with small black swirls in them. This occurred when the pressing plant switched from black to orange wax

immigrant sun used alpha records, a plant from s. florida that no idea often uses. they are notorious for switching colors without properly cleaning the plates and/or machine resulting in many color variants depending on how many colors you get and how long it takes for the colors to work there way through. it makes for a pretty awesome record but its a nightmare when trying to catalog

no the transition ones have some serious black in them

alright, i wasnt sure how it worked. I remember reading something regarding Loveteller by the Get Up Kids in Ben's second Vinyl File that described something like this.

Most of the 210 copies were printed on solid orange vinyl. However, ten of them were variants that ranged from swirly black to orange with small black swirls in them. This occurred when the pressing plant switched from black to orange wax

the ten transitional ones are the first ten of that press and, thus, numbered one through ten (all of those last press ones are numbered)