PO: Cobra Skulls Sitting Army, Sidekicks So Long,S

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image][image]

COBRA SKULLS "Sitting Army" LP transparent green vinyl

COBRA SKULLS "Sitting Army" LP opaque yellow vinyl

COBRA SKULLS "Sitting Army" LP set of both colors

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=sh115-1

THE SIDEKICKS "So Long, Soggy Dog" LP powder blue vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=sh137-1

We are proud to announce the pre-order for the next 2 Red Scare titles that will be released on vinyl through your friends at Vinyl Collective. For those that of you who don't know, we are Red Scare's vinyl partner and are so damned excited to be working with one of the greatest labels putting out Punk Rock.

The Cobra Skulls "Sitting Army" will finally see a domestic release on vinyl. The Reno, Nevada, band are one of the most exciting bands in Punk Rock. We released a split 7" for Cobra Skulls previously (w/ Andrew Jackson Jihad) which saw the Skulls doing one of the best Bob Dylan covers I have ever heard. The band gets comparisons to Against Me and the Living End, but that doesn't do full justice describing what they do. We are working on releasing their debut album on Red Scare as an LP as the Cobra Skulls began recording their follow-up. The album will be pressed in an edition of 1,000 copies over 2 colors (500 on Transparent Green, 500 on Opaque Yellow). Gunner Records have released "Sitting Army" in Europe previously.

The Sidekicks "So Long, Soggy Dog" LP will see its international debut on vinyl. I first heard the Sidekicks when WhoaOh sent us copies of their 7", "Sam" and when I heard it, I was so blown away, I decided to check out the Red Scare album which is equally amazing. The Sidekicks are the band that Brendan Kelly from the Lawrence Arms championed and from what I hear is the reason they are on Red Scare. If you dig the Lawrence Arms or the Falcon and/or Against Me, you will love this album. The album will be pressed in an edition of 500 copies over 1 color (500 on Powder Blue). Expect the guys to be involved in our Under the Influence 7" series at some point which is going to be amazing.

The pre-order for these records will be posted on Thursday, April 2nd at 2pm Mountain Time.

In related news, we will have the Copyrights vinyl in on Friday or Monday for "Learn the Hard Way" and in about 2 weeks, we will have the Druglords vinyl.

well Minty, for two reasons.

1. Cobracoustic is arguably the best song on Sitting Army and to not include it is jsut fucked up.

2. I don't mind bonus LP tracks(Teenage Bottlerocket) but when you sub alternates in place of the original tracklisting is just throws off the album IMO.

i dont know. cobracoustic is really fucking good, but i wouldn't say it's the best song on the album. definitely the best song they could've chosen for the closer and the best way to end the album, but i'm not sure about it being the best.

that said, i'm going to have to buy this at some point. i have the euro press and it works for me so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...