VC: Orlando - Tell me about record stores / shows

Park Ave CDs is in Orlando. I've only been there once, but it wasn't really my thing. They had a huge selection of new records that you can order online for cheaper, and a used selection of like, 30 records that I thought were way overpriced. Lots of people seem to like it though, so it might be worth checking out.

Park Ave CDs is in Orlando. I've only been there once, but it wasn't really my thing. They had a huge selection of new records that you can order online for cheaper, and a used selection of like, 30 records that I thought were way overpriced. Lots of people seem to like it though, so it might be worth checking out.

This is a great store, I lived a few blocks away from it last year, some stuff is a little pricy, but you can find some nice new releases.

You can also checkout Rock N Roll Heaven, they've got a bunch of old stuff, used and some new sealed, like OG presses of Green Day and Rancid stuff that's priced around $75 or so. Good guys in there and will usually work with you on pricing.

I miss DIY records and shows there. i fucking loved that place.

Yeah park ave is ok but i have never seen anything special there during my visits. THe one that used to be in clearwater (tampa) was 100X better.

There is one other place in orlando that is pretty good but the name is slipping my mind right now... i wanna say rock and roll heaven (or something like that)

Park Ave CDs is pretty sweet. I think their vinyl selection is pretty good, but maybe that's because it's one of the few brick and mortar stores of its kind I've been to.

Rock 'n Roll Heaven is a cool place to browse, but as someone else said, most of it is pretty overpriced.

The Hot Topics in the Fashion Square Mall and The Florida Mall both have vinyl; I've usually had better finds there than the other two places, unfortunately.

I'm going to be in Orlando this weekend. I might be going to the Appleseed Cast show if I can convince my friends to go. Anyone on here going?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of cheap stuff to do. I've got nothing to do all day saturday. Are there any cool free/cheap outdoorsy places anywhere to explore. I've been to all of the malls and Downtown Disney and that stuff doesn't do anything for me.

I'm going to be in Orlando this weekend. I might be going to the Appleseed Cast show if I can convince my friends to go. Anyone on here going?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of cheap stuff to do. I've got nothing to do all day saturday. Are there any cool free/cheap outdoorsy places anywhere to explore. I've been to all of the malls and Downtown Disney and that stuff doesn't do anything for me.

Guest duhpunk

I'm gonna hit up Park Ave around 3/3:30 today on my way through Orlando if anyone's gonna be around. I'll be the dude in the green shirt

Cool, if I'm there I'll be the super tall dude in glasses with a beard with about 6 people who look like they're wondering why they got talked into going this concert.

well this will be odd because i'm about 6'3 with glasses and a full beard right now. I'll be with my girlfriend who will most likely look like she's there because her boyfriend really digs the band.

I just got back from Orlando...where are you staying? Will you have a car?

That makes a big difference. I was staying at a Disney resort for work and wanted to go to Park Ave. CDs, but it was a 25 mile cab ride and I didn't want to pay the costs.

You dumb ass! You should have let me known and I would have picked you up. It would have cost you a beer and I would have drank it while I was driving.

You didn't miss much though... I'm sure there are better stores up there.