Houston Record Stores

i think the meridian is the best place to see a show in houston, kind of a dive, bartenders are really nice, bouncers aren't assholes when checking for weapons and stuff.

is engine room even open anymore?

please give up on music right now.

go ahead, just throw your ipod out the window.

Hello everyone, wall here. Just sayin hello/'introducing' myself to everyone, including other fellow Houstonians.

As far as vinyl shopping around here, I'm inside 610 so i usually hit up Sound Exchange and Cactus Music. Soundwaves on Montrose has a few things from time to time, but it's not worth the time if I'm not looking for a CD. The new Cactus store is a big improvement over the old location IMO. They got a pretty good CD and DVD selection, and carry a reasonable amount of newer vinyl. Been to Vinal Edge once or twice, which was atleast a year ago, and I gotta check out the other one on 1960. Houston could still could use some more vinyl shops obviously. Having to order so much online is a pain in the ass.

Far as clubs go, I've been meaning to check out The Mink. It sounds a little like the Proletariat. And while it's an ok place to see a band, they have some decent beer specials. I got to see Adam Franklin and Sparklehorse there, so that was nice. Went to the Meat Puppets/Built to Spill show at Warehouse last night, which was excellent. Seeing the former for the first time made it worth my Monday night easily. I don't know what's up with Engine Room (other than it sux), and I still catch some shows at Numbers when they get some good acts. I'll go to Verizon when I have to (MMJ/Yo La Tengo next week), but it has zero personality to it. I wonder why.

Anyway, just wanted to ramble a bit. Looking forward to checking in here from time to time. Later yallzz.