Does anyone on here have Everything in Transit???

beatboy

Guest adam526
they want to turn a huge profit. That's the name of the game.

Not necessarily. Who's to say that you're a bigger fan than the seller who owns the record? It's a good record, it's popular, a lot of people want it, but not a lot of people are willing to give it up because they are a fan of the record just like the people who are looking for it. Hence the reason people are only giving it up if the price can compensate for the loss of a badass record.

they want to turn a huge profit. That's the name of the game.

Not necessarily. Who's to say that you're a bigger fan than the seller who owns the record? It's a good record, it's popular, a lot of people want it, but not a lot of people are willing to give it up because they are a fan of the record just like the people who are looking for it. Hence the reason people are only giving it up if the price can compensate for the loss of a badass record.

Yeah, I guess my point was that being a huge fan doesn't often translate to someone selling it at a fairer price. I mean if that were the case 100 dollars would be about 4 times the original price, so that's a lot of profit...but that's not usually the case if someone can get twice that or more.

Yeah, this is not a fun record to look for. I can tell you from personal experience. The other problem is people that have it don't care if you're a huge fan, they want to turn a huge profit. That's the name of the game.
do you just look for it on the interweb? or are you out into the record stores. thats probably your best bet. i've found my best buys at stores.

Guest adam526

Yeah, I guess my point was that being a huge fan doesn't often translate to someone selling it at a fairer price. I mean if that were the case 100 dollars would be about 4 times the original price, so that's a lot of profit...but that's not usually the case if someone can get twice that or more.

Just for the record: The original price for this record was $40. They oversold the preorders and instead of pressing more they just cancelled the excess orders.

Yeah, this is not a fun record to look for. I can tell you from personal experience. The other problem is people that have it don't care if you're a huge fan, they want to turn a huge profit. That's the name of the game.
do you just look for it on the interweb? or are you out into the record stores. thats probably your best bet. i've found my best buys at stores.

I've looked at most record stores in a 50 mile radius of my area (not many). None of them have it. Also, I don't seem to have as cool of stores as a lot of people on here. The place that has cool/rare stuff usually knows and jacks up their prices.

But yeah, I'm sure there are copies out there. I wish beatboy all the best and a lot of luck finding it. :)

I have it, but not currently selling.

You need to have a lot of money, as the last ones went on eBay for $228 and ~$250 a couple months ago.

Although I think divaface has one she might be selling, unless she already did sell it.

Yep I still have one! Selling it for around $175ppd due to some slight spine damage. Get at me if you want it.

Guest adam526

Just for the record: The original price for this record was $40. They oversold the preorders and instead of pressing more they just cancelled the excess orders.

Wow, did not know that. Mine got cancelled because they were delayed in pressing them, but I though they were 25. Sorry, my bad.

No worries

Wow, thanks for all the info and everything. That's to everyone! Also, I wish I could grab it for 25...wow.

Divaface, that is so cool that you have a copy! I'm super jealous and would love to get it, but as I said I can't really imagine spending over 100 dollars for it. I don't really care about damage or anything as long as it sounds great! If you don't sell it to anyone for 175 and want to come down say..75 dollars, I'll take it!!! ;D

Really though, thanks for all the info. I guess it may take a little longer than expected. :-/ But I really want it. 8-)

Guest adam526
Wow, thanks for all the info and everything. That's to everyone! Also, I wish I could grab it for 25...wow.

Divaface, that is so cool that you have a copy! I'm super jealous and would love to get it, but as I said I can't really imagine spending over 100 dollars for it. I don't really care about damage or anything as long as it sounds great! If you don't sell it to anyone for 175 and want to come down say..75 dollars, I'll take it!!! ;D

Really though, thanks for all the info. I guess it may take a little longer than expected. :-/ But I really want it. 8-)

Just be on the lookout on ebay, and maybe make friends with your local stores. They'll keep an eye out for you too

I got mine for $25 new at Virgin Mega Store when it came out. About the only thing Virgin Mega Store has ever been good for.

Same, I got all 3 of my copies for ~$25.

To anyone looking for this have you tried looking on The Messengers or jacksmannequin dot net message boards?

Yes, actually! That's where I was recommended to go to forums like this! Also, you have 3 copies?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

this is like the 2nd or 3rd person who joined VC in the past couple months looking for this record. with the amount of fuss over this album i wonder if The Glass Passenger will eventually become as sought after as Everything In Transit.

I have that one! It's my second favorite album, but Everything in Transit is better to me in every single way.

Same, I got all 3 of my copies for ~$25.

To anyone looking for this have you tried looking on The Messengers or jacksmannequin dot net message boards?

Yes, actually! That's where I was recommended to go to forums like this! Also, you have 3 copies?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Bought 3 copies. Sold one june '07 for ~$60 and sent one to a friend in NJ as a birthday present last year. I would figure those other 2 message boards would be the place to look for die hard jacks fans who've got the record.

Bought 3 copies. Sold one june '07 for ~$60 and sent one to a friend in NJ as a birthday present last year. I would figure those other 2 message boards would be the place to look for die hard jacks fans who've got the record.

Darn. Yeah, as far as I can tell I have offered the most of the lot of people looking on there and very few people still have it. A lot of people apparently sold it a while ago, and there are a couple that have it pinned to their wall even though they don't have a record player. :'(

Also, you have a very lucky friend in NJ. I got my hopes up when you said you had 3 copies haha.