places that sell cheap 12.5"x19" frames?

thanks. i must've overlooked 13"x19" myself, cuz there are a ton. geez framing is expensive. any other suggestions on how to get a 12.5"x19" print to look good in a bigger frame? i've heard they can go pretty well in 18"x24", with about 2.5" matting on the sides. i honestly know nothing about print care, so could somebody enlighten me?

Guest kevinb

michaels and jo ann fabrics like to charge insane prices for framing and they act it is their main business or something.

I got a quote for a 14x12 frame & they wanted $300.00 and that was AFTER their "%50 off"

my suggestion find someone with a table saw that knows what they are doing and have them cut the frame to size..

I'm pretty sure you can have jo ann's cut glass to size for a decent price

thanks. i must've overlooked 13"x19" myself, cuz there are a ton. geez framing is expensive. any other suggestions on how to get a 12.5"x19" print to look good in a bigger frame? i've heard they can go pretty well in 18"x24", with about 2.5" matting on the sides. i honestly know nothing about print care, so could somebody enlighten me?

if you want to go the route of getting a custom frame, you could order a frame from americanframe.com to any size you want. im not going to say its super cheap but i can promise you it will beat the hell out of any frame shop price by a ton. ive ordered a handful of frames from them and its all been top notch.

the other option would be to do what you said which is get a standard frame that is the next size up from your print and then you could get a mat cut that has an opening the size of your artwork and the dimensions of the mat that are the size of the frame and just drop it right in.

as far as print care goes, you usually want to go w/ an acid free mat (to keep the print from touching the glass) and backing. some people will take it another step further and go w/ uv resistant glass/plexi. its all in how much you want to spend really.