USA vs. Mexico

Yea, I agree that Mexico earned their victory, but when our back 4 has three yellow cards its hard to play at full speed and take chances. One of the yellows was deserved (the handball) the others you have to question because of the fact Mexico's players were making tackles just as hard or worse with not even a whistle.

What pissed me off the most was when Charlie Davies was down and the Mexican player felt the need to "help" him up by grabbing his head. Then after a shove or two a Mexican player grabs the neck of one of our players. Anywhere else that is a straight red card, don't want to anger the fans though now do we? Funny how one of our players gets hurt and the Mexico team automatically try to pick up claiming he's wasting time, I wonder if they ever watch tape of when they have a lead late in the game, its like its nap time and the pitch is the perfect spot to lay on their back.

Eh, I'm still not impressed with the US team. The 2nd place finish on the Confed Cup was blown out of proportion. They won 1 game they weren't supposed to, and people shit their pants with excitement. Plus teams like Brazil and Spain treat the Confed Cup the same way the US treats the Gold Cup.

As long as the CONCACAF structure stays the same the US will keep qualifying for World Cups and will keep getting beaten by superior UEFA teams.

just saw the highlights and Lalas' recap of the game. you can't expect to win a game on the international level when you only have posession a quarter of the time at best. no matter how early you score you still need to defend that lead and keep posession. the goal that won the game for Mexico the US should have never let happen. sloppy defense.

on a different note Honduras beat Costa Rica, so that really shakes up the group. now there's 4 teams vying for 3 spots instead of it essentially being a 2 horse race with the third clawing its way to the finish line.