Post-Rock / Instrumental Fan? Read on.

I found this in my iTunes and didn't know I had it, where it came from, or how I got it. I've been looking for some new tunes, so I burned it and listened to it in my car.

All I have to say is that no matter how long I've been missing out on it, it's too long.

The Connect Four Orchestra

http://www.myspace.com/connectfourorchestra

The album is called Chisel To The Hip and it's fucking fantastic. Some guys from Dublin that I'm not sure are together still. Shame.

The album reminds me instantly of a hybrid between Standards era Tortoise and Six Parts Seven. I hear bits and pieces of The Samuel Jackson Five in there as well, and it kind of reminds me of a lot of the instrumental/jazz-math stuff coming out of Japan these days. It's very chill and excellent ambient music. Kind of jazzy, slightly spacey, a little bit mathy, but man is it good.

I highly recommend checking them out if you're into the instrumental stuff. If you look, I'm sure you'll find it online for your consumption.