* 1/4 cup cocoa powder

* 1 teaspoon baking soda

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/3 cup vegetable oil

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar

* 1 cup water

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.

3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

never tried it but i hear good things. ;] good luck

I am not quite sure what you mean, as most recipes are going to require a vegan substitute for eggs or butter.

Either way you can find a lot of vegan cake recipes here, http://www.vegansociety.com/food/recipes/cakes.php

Which is what I do not want see ganishgg's post, a vegan cake recipe with no substitutes.

if you want to take the easy route you can find box cake mix (not officially vegan because of the sugar) with no dairy or egg added, and then substitute a 1/2 banana for each egg required, and soy milk obviously. turns out a bit heavier but very good. or go the soda cake route.

Did you miss the part about no substitutes?

I am not quite sure what you mean, as most recipes are going to require a vegan substitute for eggs or butter.

Either way you can find a lot of vegan cake recipes here, http://www.vegansociety.com/food/recipes/cakes.php

Which is what I do not want see ganishgg's post, a vegan cake recipe with no substitutes.

If you go to my link, the Vanilla and Chocolate cake, as well as some others do not require substitutes it is only the cream filling that needs them which is not essential.

like i said, it all depends on how crazy you are. its one of those things that could make it so you can't eat anything because "i dont know what kind of sugar is in this cookie" or whatever. IMO its stupid thing to freak out about.

Agreed, also the the carbon from the bone is so far removed it is considered Kosher in the in the Jewish faith, or at least from what i have read. I am not actually vegan, i just have a few friends that are who i have cooked for.

so you want to make bread?

using bananas as a substitute for the eggs helps bind the dry ingredients and keeps the finished product fluffy and moist. using oil as a substitute for the eggs produces the same effect. this is no matter whether you use a box or go from scratch.

let me know when you find a vegan cake recipe without "substitutes". i also stated in the beginning of my original post "IF you want to take the EASY route..."

so you want to make bread?

using bananas as a substitute for the eggs helps bind the dry ingredients and keeps the finished product fluffy and moist. using oil as a substitute for the eggs produces the same effect. this is no matter whether you use a box or go from scratch.

let me know when you find a vegan cake recipe without "substitutes"

bananas are a fantastic substitute, and they make everything delicious.